Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Define a "Premium Domain Name"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You see the term "premium domain name" attached to lots of different domains. What defines a premium domain? I'm sure everyone has different ideas. Is it a one word domain, popular two word phrase, high overture score???

Domain Days 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me a premium domain is a domain that is self targeted and has traffic.

Example, executivechairs.com or laptopcomputer.com.

You know exactly what they want when they go there and you can convert guests to revenue easily.

-=DCG=-

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
to me as long as it generates lots of revenue

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
directly descriptive yet generic , must be .com

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Any name that would be snapped up for at least a few K immediately if you put it through an auction. The name stands on its own and nobody would say "what's the traffic"? They would buy first and ask questions later.

Or, a name that doesn't need any salesmanship. If you own a premium name and you have your contact information available on Whois, then you will know if you have a Premium Name. If lots of people aren't emailing you and asking questions, then the odds are it is not a Premium Name.

The owner of a Premium Name usually waits for his or her price. It doesn't have to make any PPC, either.....it's like owning a parcel of land in Manhattan...the value is to the end-user.....just pay your taxes (renewals), and ride the wave until you get your price.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$5,000 or more.

zesty

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

On the acronym side of domaining, I'd define a 2 or 3 letter premium domain as one composed of only these letters:

a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, l, m, n, o, p, r, s, t

Then again, with the prices that any pure 2 or 3 letter .com are going for, almost any letter combos (top letters or otherwise) seems to constitute a "premium" designation.

I do like the post above by WhoDatDog. Premium domains are really those that are of unquestioned and strong value. Any domain that gets regular offers via whois lookup emails would certainly point to a quality name.

:) zesty

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a premium domain is....

the highest most desired domain of each word or combination of words, that directly relate to a person, place or thing. followed by accronyms and numbers. in tld order.

the next level is any typo of the above!

imo :)

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for me it is a domain that is limited in supply and the demand is very high compared to the supply which makes the price go high
this doesnt hold true for crappy names so only those names that satisfy these conditions are premium names

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simon said:
for me it is a domain that is limited in supply and the demand is very high compared to the supply which makes the price go high
this doesnt hold true for crappy names so only those names that satisfy these conditions are premium names

Thanks for that help with my Econ 101 course... :worried:

A premium domain name is, in my opinion, any name which will raise the value of any potential website it is used for. This can be due to traffic or generic words used with branding/search engines.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, premium name has got to be something that generates traffic and revenue and will continue to do so forever. That usually requires a good keyword.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:

You know exactly what they want when they go there and you can convert guests to revenue easily.

-=DCG=-

i agree with the above, but what would you find at www.123.com, www.tr.com, www.tnt.com etc... aren't these premium names even though their content is unknown?

dre

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:

-=DCG=-
So would you guys consider YogaClubs.com a premium name? Lets say to some one who has a few clubs?? Im trying to Develope it but have no where to get the list of clubs from, i also have the .net, .co.uk, .us :cheesy:

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A premium domain is any domain that a domainer could quickly (2 to 3 days) sell to another domainer who is willing to pay a) at least $5,000, or b) at least half the price the original domainer paid for the domain (whichever is higher)

While there will be some exceptions, that definition should cover at least 97% of all premium domains and rule out 99% of all non-premium domains.

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A domain with liquid value usually .com and usually of X,XXX + value.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Premium" has been so overused that it can mean most anything...

Personally, I generally avoid using the word "premium" to describe any domain I list for sale.

Ron

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me a premium domain has been a dot net and org...lol Two letter :)

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A premium name is a name that is not compromised in any way. I am referring to people who purchase second best names, because the one they wanted was taken, or .net's because the .com was taken. A premium name is one that people will undeniably end up wishing they had, only to be left with second best, or purchase the premium name, the one they know they want, and the one they know everybody else will respect them more for having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom