Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Delete process brough by Snap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcom1999

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have printed it out - it helps to see the new process.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe their graphic is wrong. *Any* domain deleted (even after 45 days past renewal) goes into RGP.

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
George,

Thanks for the heads up. You are right -- that graphic as it currently stands is incorrect. Unless a domain is deleted within 5 days of the initial registration, it goes directly into RGP. Not really sure why we were saying otherwise . . .

Expect an updated version of that chart on our site shortly. Again, thanks for your help.

Best,

Kjel

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ICANN, NSI, Verisign, whoever should enforce the process by which Registrars delete domains. It should be mandatory that domains are deleted by the registrar once they exceed 45 days past expiration, not optional which certainly seems to take place today.

I am sure many of us could provide examples of domains that should have been released months or even years ago.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The keyword on the chart is "May" as in ""registrar may send delete command to the registry at it's discretion"

I'd like to see "Must send the delete command"

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks George K and Kjel for clarifying that! Saved me a lot of trouble. I had my doubts too that this chart was accurate, but then again I thought if Snap posts it, it had to be correct. Don't believe all the stuff you hear and see!! :)

BTW, Kjel YGM!

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea,and if you have a snap on a netsol name? If you think Verisign doesn't have a team of domain valuators, deciding what to hold, you are dreaming. Otherwise, how could they have been placing values for auctions on ebay a while back? Verisign speculates folks. There are hundreds of one word domains that have been held for over 6 mos. by them. ICANN does nothing about it. It is truly the wolf guarding the hen house. Lately, the whois is jacked, I see names on hold with expiration days months and years down the road. The whole DNS is broken. Registrars were supposed to place every name back in the system, and they dont. I think all the registrars are into speculating. C'mon, DomainCollection, iHoldings, DotRegistrar. All the same. Its only going to get worse. ICANN need to be dissolved. They are not in control of the registrars, it is the other way around. Verisign is making the rules. Who came up with WLS? Not ICANN.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The whole DNS is broken

That's it in a nutshell.

Icann with its toothless policies has allowed the registrar community and special interests to run amok.

It's no longer about competition but about how much you can steal before they close the doors.

Winners to date are Verisign and their little butt buddies.:eek:

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
I believe their graphic is wrong. *Any* domain deleted (even after 45 days past renewal) goes into RGP.

I was wrong to interpret the image too.

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is an updated version of the delete cycle graphic available now. Sorry for any confusion that the earlier, incorrect diagram may have caused.

--Kjel

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kjel - the new one looks nicer to, but I'll miss the original one - those were the days.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With this new system......the chance we have on getting a decent drop is slim to none....this sucks.... :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom