Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Demand for .CO.UK domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drivie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a high demand for .CO.UK domain names at this point in time? I'm wondering if it is worth registering good .co.uk domain names. I see that a few have gone for decent money lately according to DNJ.

Thank you,

Drivie

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's truely a good .co.uk domain, then it's worth registering anytime as long as the price is reasonable.

drivie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it's truely a good .co.uk domain, then it's worth registering anytime as long as the price is reasonable.

I think GoDaddy only charges $9.99 for .co.uk regs. That seems reasonable to me...no?

Drivie

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dynadot sells them for $18 (2 years) and bulk is $16...godaddy must be 2 years also so that would be $20.

hostcoin

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For UK domains i will advice you to go with eNom ;) they are best and highly recommended.
Usually you can get cheap new domain registration but you may have to pay good value while domain transfer or at the time renewal ;)

Warren2

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that you go with a UK registrar for .co.uk domains. It is cheaper and they know what they are doing in regards to dealing with Nominet etc. :) I can highly recommend Domainmonster, great support, full control of your domain and a decent price at about £3 per .co.uk domain per year, (or as low as £2.57 if you renew in bulk).

I am not associated with Domainmonster in any way; I just had good experiences with them.

Added: I just realized that this thread was about the value of .co.uk domains and not about registrars. In my view .co.uk has a bright future as more and more Brits are getting fed up with finding US results in the Serps and gravitate towards UK websites hosted on .co.uk domains.

Last edited:

bioliwu

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that you go with a UK registrar for .co.uk domains. It is cheaper and they know what they are doing in regards to dealing with Nominet etc. :) I can highly recommend Domainmonster, great support, full control of your domain and a decent price at about £3 per .co.uk domain per year, (or as low as £2.57 if you renew in bulk).

I am not associated with Domainmonster in any way; I just had good experiences with them.

Added: I just realized that this thread was about the value of .co.uk domains and not about registrars. In my view .co.uk has a bright future as more and more Brits are getting fed up with finding US results in the Serps and gravitate towards UK websites hosted on .co.uk domains.

domainmonster $9.99/year for .co.uk...

drivie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses guys!

Drivie

Warren2

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainmonster $9.99/year for .co.uk...
You will have to email them and ask that they set you up on the UK pricing plan I think...

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a high demand for .CO.UK domain names at this point in time? I'm wondering if it is worth registering good .co.uk domain names. I see that a few have gone for decent money lately according to DNJ.

Thank you,

Drivie

Personally I would forget .co.uk at this time. Perhaps in 10 years once we
get an economy back again, after Labour Govt is booted out at next
general election. Until then not worth it.

DG

jmalinie

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i belive it is time to invest domaining.when everything gets well ,domain prices will rise also.So what will change ?
i believe Co.uk domains are so well.if i buy a domain i gets its Co.uk domain extension also..really.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only top .co.uk names will fetch a really good price. I recommend 123-reg for .co.uk registrations. transfers are a pain in the 'a' though. Euro dns and moniker have been messing one up for me for a month now, and now its expired - be warned!

teamdomains

TeamDomains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are still plenty of great .co.uk domains that are not yet registered. I come across them quite frequently.

incka

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The inexpensive and quite good registrars I use are HeartInternet.co.uk and Daily.co.uk. Prices are at, or almost at, cost. Renewals similar. Easy to transfer out. Complete DNS control. Perfect :).

There is a good aftermarket in .co.uk premiums, operates imho much more professionally than the gTLD markets do. There is a large forum dedicated to this ccTLD.

In the UK .co.uk is as recognisable as .com - this is very different to the USA and Canada where the ccTLDs are hardly used. Most of the banks, newspapers, etc use .co.uk rather than .com in the UK. With 60 million people, english speaking for the most part, and of a similar standard of living the USA, it's not a bad market for US investors to go into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom