Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Develop more or leave alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can offer some good "experienced" advice here.

I have a one page site that has some content on it surrounded by adsense. The site ranks #1 on google search.
It's a novelty site where one would come to find the info they searched for immediately, then in my opinion, not have much need to stay on the site long.

The stats on this site are: 1,500 uniques per month
Not sure if I should post the monthly earnings from adsense, but suffice to say it's <$30/month.

I'm wondering if I could develop it more and monetize more. I'm concerned that if I make more content, it might cause the visitors to miss the adsense, etc.

Is it possible to have too much content on a site that it could hurt instead of help?

I'm willing to pm the url if requested.

Thanks ahead for the thoughts.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would make a a more fully developed site around you main page for sure..something in terms of a blog ..and include a very visible link in the main page..but can only suggest more if i know what site it is

regards

trlg

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The stats on this site are: 1,500 uniques per month
Not sure if I should post the monthly earnings from adsense, but suffice to say it's <$30/month.

I'm wondering if I could develop it more and monetize more. I'm concerned that if I make more content, it might cause the visitors to miss the adsense, etc.

what? miss <$30/month? What do u think?

Is it possible to have too much content on a site that it could hurt instead of help?

yes, it is possible, but theoretically, if u know how to place ur adsense (or whatever ppc program) blocks properly, u should do fine. I would rather think that if u have the content, ur CTRs should improve!

send the url my way if u want - i would be curious to take a look at it.

Lambodoors

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you need to to upgrade the site once in a while or you will loose your ranking.

whats the url? PM. <$30 is pretty good for a 1 page site that requires no work. The thing is, if you add content, your users may not want to click on the ads... but you will also get more targeted ads.

Its all trial and error.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
agreed that anywhere around $30 a month is good for this type of site nowadays.

I would cation you a bit about going to a blog. I have found that I was able to increase traffic a lot to some sites by turning them into blogs, but adsense clicks dropped significantly versus a standard web page design... Maybe this was just my personal experience, I would love to hear what others have to say about this...

Obviously there are other good forms of advertising that can earn you extra cash if the traffic is there...

wlh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These are very good comments. I appreciate your thoughts all. I've made some changes to the site. (Added a 2nd page) :)

Have you heard of CrazyEgg.com? I'm trying them out. Being able to see what people are clicking on has given me some great ideas on expanding my 1 page site. I still have other things I want to do with it now, but like Lambodoors stated, I'm doing trial and error to see if the changes I just made work or hurt.

Thanks again for the thoughtful comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom