Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Develop or buy more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

db7777

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What would u prefer: develop domains you already have or keep hunting for "golden" names?

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would favour one over the other ....like right now, I got tons of domains that I am not doing anything with and I tried parking most of them, but I make like $3 a month for all combined...thus, i am attempting at developing some of them, which is mymajor concentration right now, HOWEVER, I never leave a blind eye to possibilities....if an opportunity shows itself, ya, you're damn straight I am gonna reg it or pick it up off a drop.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
both!

you can probably get good deals on good domains right now, look at dollars.com, sold for 200k higher two years ago.

and you should always be spending a little time on developing, meaning at least building a small information site with affiliate programs and ads to get away from PPC.

when you think about it you just need one domain and one good idea to make a living, look at Facebook and Plenty of Fish, American Flags, Unicycle, etc. Most people don't go that route because it takes a lot of work, at least to start it up. Buying and holding domains, hoping for a few big sales, is an easier and more passive strategy but can take some luck.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you've got the money to invest then buy, otherwise develop.

Coderea

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends a lot on the category/theme of the domain. If you have a domain ( one word) which is sitting idle..a lot of potential buyers might come with different ideas of developing it with their own mindframes but if you have developed it ...it might not be suitable to him .. Similarly if you have a developed domain which is highly demanding ..then you would expect a nice quote from the buyer...

Delton77

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's to easy to get caught up searching for that hidden treasure, I think deveoping is the way to go, plus then when you do sell it will add to the pot!

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
everybody always puts development to the side...later later...right! and the end result is that it never gets taken care of.

development is where the money is.

plan and execute

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I try to do both - end up not doing anything.
Best is to use your time wisely (not like me)
Same here :)
But there are still so many nice names to be picked and I just can't develop at the same pace. So far my approach has been to reinvest proceeds from the sales in other domains. Now I will keep a portion of the $$$ aside for buying content.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
everybody always puts development to the side...later later...right! and the end result is that it never gets taken care of.

development is where the money is.

plan and execute

This is SOOOOO true..some of my domains I planned to developed are ones I regged and they are over 10 years old!

D

Domn

Development is the primary goal of every domain. That's the original idea when domains were invented, to allow easier access to useful information and sites.
So without a doubt if you could develop the names you have go for it

However i like to play with two (or more) portfolios
The primary that i have it for parking and/or future projects that i already have in my mind and a secondary portfolio that i like to flip/sell.

Domaining is fun, a sport, a hobby, a profession. I imagine myself like Pacman but instead of plain dots to eat dot.coms :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom