Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Developing My[trademark].com

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain that I have registered throw GoDaddy backorder. I want to develop it, but I'm unsure about, if I get problems with the domain later.

The domain is: my f h m , com

I have searched: http://uspto.gov and noticed that the f h m is registered as trademark.

Would I have any problems, if I develop the site?

What do you think guys? :?:

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could have problems if you develop or advertise goods or services covered by existing TMs. You're have to be very careful about content you include and not monetize via parking, adsense, etc. (which may display infringing ads). If you're going to take the time to develop you might want to avoid the headaches and just use a different domain.

Cheers,

mymoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your valuable information. I will think extra about it.

I'm planning a forum where people can discuss about the F H M girls and magazines.

You could have problems if you develop or advertise goods or services covered by existing TMs. You're have to be very careful about content you include and not monetize via parking, adsense, etc. (which may display infringing ads). If you're going to take the time to develop you might want to avoid the headaches and just use a different domain.

Cheers,

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Unless you use it for another purpose e.g. Friday Hotel Massages be prepared to hear from the magazine's lawyers.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I Am Not A Lawyer, but if you are going to make a site that is specifically focused on the trademarks product, you are looking for trouble. Better, IMO, to use a generic domain name that doesn't infringe on their trademark. Then you will only get into legal trouble if you cut and paste their photos and articles and put them on your site.

Find a name that is descriptive of the type of girls and register that. Or, if you want a five char name still, make an acronym that doesn't infringe on their TM. For example, HSBAL.com is unregistered and could stand for "Hot Sexy Bad Ass Ladies"....

Being generic or an acronym in your domain name also lets you branch out and cover other magazines or sites.

mymoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's also a good idea to use a generic domain name.

I'm not looking for troubles and I have no time to spend hours on lawyers, the best solution will be develop site in a generic name.

I Am Not A Lawyer, but if you are going to make a site that is specifically focused on the trademarks product, you are looking for trouble. Better, IMO, to use a generic domain name that doesn't infringe on their trademark. Then you will only get into legal trouble if you cut and paste their photos and articles and put them on your site.

Find a name that is descriptive of the type of girls and register that. Or, if you want a five char name still, make an acronym that doesn't infringe on their TM. For example, HSBAL.com is unregistered and could stand for "Hot Sexy Bad Ass Ladies"....

Being generic or an acronym in your domain name also lets you branch out and cover other magazines or sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom