Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Development and value opinions wanted on a unique .CA property!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good Day my friends,

I'm hoping I can get some good feedback from the awesome .CA community on a property that i'm looking to do develop in 2011:

OK.ca.

I am generally not a very big fan of LL.ca names however this is one of the few that is an actual word in English that is spoken and used conversationally all of the time. It is also a very generic term so that muddies the water for me in terms of it's value and obvious development use. One of the nice things going for it is it would be virtually impossible to forget when branded properly, easy to market and the term has a very inherent positive connotation to it:

"Ok, let's do this"

"Ok by me!"

"Can I go to Billy's to play PS3 mom??"
"OK"
"Yaaaay"
etc etc,

You get the picture. There are only a few words in the english language that are two characters and even fewer that have an actual meaning, so by that nature alone this property finds itself in a very exclusive department. One of the questions is, does the generic nature of the name hurt it or help it in this case?

I welcome you to share any ideas, thoughts or past experiences with me as I look towards viable ideas for this property. As always, you guys and gals ROCK for taking the time to read and contribute.

Regards,

Jason

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't have a .ca...

but this name is SCREAMING for all that is Canadian...

OK Canada...

Travel Guide
Dining Guide
Hotel Guide
User Ratings

Look at Zagat.com/mobi and become the Guide that is everything that is OK with Canada.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously a nice domain, makes me think it could be some kind of media site for Canada.

But it would take a lot of work to develop and market, the domain doesn't lend much to this type of project other than it's a short, cool name.

For example, if you were selling hockey cards and had hockeycards.ca, the domain lends itself to the project directly.

I am not sure how you can get that kind of tie-in with OK.ca. Does it get traffic?

Another idea, the Okanagan area of BC is often referred to as OK, you could make it some kind of guide for that area, lots of wineries and tourism in the OK Valley.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This was what I thought of as a geo development option when I saw it.

Another idea, the Okanagan area of BC is often referred to as OK, you could make it some kind of guide for that area, lots of wineries and tourism in the OK Valley.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

yep first thing that went through my mind too. But I honestly think this one is too generic. Whatever you do you'd have to build an identity with the "product" under that name.
Basically building a brand.

The cool thing about domains is they should be their own brand. For instance automobileinsurance.ca needs absolutely no branding. You know instantly what it is. OK.ca fails that test.

I think it would be easier (better) to develop something else and save that one for sale.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom