Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Devloping websites on similar domains..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently just registered a domain for a new project of mine... let's say this name was CarSpinner.com (not the real domain) .. I then thought I should go & register the shorter version CarSpin.com, however I found out it was already registered & looks like they have started developing a site on it with a similar service to what I would be offering.

Now my question is..... would I be asking for trouble if I went & developed a site on CarSpinner.com ?

I know I should just avoid the trouble & choose a different domain, but the fact of the matter is that this domain blows away any other name I can think of to use.

Thanks for any help! :eek:k:

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Potentially, yes, especially if how you're going to use it is quite similar to that
other party who got into the game with that domain first.

Better use a different one if it can be helped.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Being first is no guarantee ... even if you're second, that alone is not necessarily a show-stopper.

With that said, you may want to continue development as planned, but keep an eye on alternatives - design your site so that it could be quickly relocated / rebranded if need be.

Ron

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well there is also the possibility of sending the other "competition" traffic from users going to the wrong similar URL... I've just registered a not half bad new domain... I think I'll go with that to stay on the safe side & to not send the competition any free traffic. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom