Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dictionary Words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Can you use Amazon.** to sell books and records? No. Can it be a resource about mythology? Yes.

ordersomething

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So any development planned has to be based on something that's not already in use.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
...you need to avoid obvious marks.

ordersomething

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm.

I wonder what you can charge people to appraise their portfolio for TM violation risk.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you have no knowledge of TM law, your appraisal would just be a hard guess, potentially exposing them to future litigation.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess I was asking how much it would cost me, in a roundabout sort of way.
What litigation?

ordersomething

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The costs to have an attorney appraise a portfolio and tell the owner of any possible risk of infringement.

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most attorneys would simply bill you by the hour to do so. It depends on how many domains you have and how efficiently the attorney works.

There are a couple of different ways in which you could audit your portfolio. The easiest way would be a google search - but that wouldn't be the most definitive way.

The most definitive way would be to run a commercial thompson search (or similar search). The problem with that is it could cost $500 per domain name -- not including the attorney's time.

Naturally, there are "middle ground" ways to audit a domain portfolio. It may not necessarily be worth it to run a search through the whole list. However, before you buy a high-value domain (or sell one, depending on the agreement with the buyer), you would be well-advised to get a written opinion as to what kind of exposure there may be for that particular domain and how it should or should not be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom