Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

dictionary words

Status
Not open for further replies.

torlanco

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a .com domain is a dictionary word does that automatically make it better for appraisal? Cause im looking at a couple.

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If verbs and nouns in simple word form, then generally yes. But you have to ask "Is this a sell-able product or service?" or "Who would buy this and why?". The are lots of obscure words and word forms in the dictionary that are not in common use or have little or no value to anyone. A general advantage for dictionary words, even when they don't directly represent a product or service, is that they may potentially be easier to remember and spell e.g. "go.com".

DNCredit.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If verbs and nouns in simple word form, then generally yes. But you have to ask "Is this a sell-able product or service?" or "Who would buy this and why?". The are lots of obscure words and word forms in the dictionary that are not in common use or have little or no value to anyone. A general advantage for dictionary words, even when they don't directly represent a product or service, is that they may potentially be easier to remember and spell e.g. "go.com".

Very much agree with BidNo. I keep this post in my 'Faves' folder of my RSS reader (HTH):

http://www.ricksblog.com/my_weblog/...when-buying-domains-my-top-20-right-here.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom