Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

did any one make 1k dollars from domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ammary

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
plz tell us success stories

Domain Days 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I make 1k a few times a month actually...secret is stick to .com's with traffic and one word generic .com, .net and .org domains and you can't go wrong! Remember, buy low, sell HIGH! Also, don't forget to watch for important events or developments in the news and it never hurts to check and see if that domain is registered or not yet..it would amaze you how many great .com domains (many with traffic) have dropped in the last few years and never been re-reg'd! They are there just waiting to be found.

3ammary

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks mocus could u tell us the domains u bought & sell

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I told you what I paid for them and what they sold for I would have to kill ya! :wink:

SuccessClick

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The key isn't "high prices" on your domains unless you own over 2000 domains and a few of them are single word .coms.

The key is to get descriptive generic domains that an end user will want to describe their product or service and buy the domain for $300. Or $100.

If you paid basket price (new registrations), of $7- $10, and you resell for $100, isn't that a 1000% profit? Of course it is.

Well, do that 25 times in month, and you've made over $2500 a month in profits. That's easy living money in most states of the U.S.

With time and experience, you will be able to understand which domains are valuable and you need to hang on to them and ignore offers that don't meet the value, no matter how high the offer. BUT, if you need the money, well, then sell it. I've been in that position once or twice because my wife wouldn't let me transfer funds from our other "more legit" investment funds. BAH!

I've sold hundreds of low four figure domains, but never a five figure domain. Why? I own over 1000 domains that would sell for five figures, and for me... those are worth sitting on.

My advice I give my clients (i'm a domain industry consultant) is --- buy domains that nobody else is focusing on, and then..... XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey, I don't give away money-making ideas away for free. PM me if you want to be a client. Don't bother if you're not truly interested in the exploding domain industry opportunities. ;-)

There are many ways to make money from domains. It all depends on how you want to approach it.

robert

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
plz tell us success stories

That is about £500 - currently figures are on about 30 times that for jan so far.

It is worth looking into other extentions rather than .com . I work in .co.uk mainly and there is still tremendous value to be had.

cyf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My best sale was a while ago: blogsport.com (sold for a high $x,xxx).
The name was good for 3 reasons:
1/ it was a typo for "blogspot.com", which happened to be the leading blog hosting service (so the name had incoming trafic) ;
2/ it was a meaningful, short and rather generic name by itself ;
3/ there was at least 2 possible uses (blogs directory or, of course, big blog on sports)...

Of course, it could have gone higher if I had time to develop it (curiously, the buyer didn't do anything yet with the name).

But the lesson I learned from that is there are at least 2 ways for a name to go high: be very specific or have multiple winning angles (ie. blogsport would have been less good without the existence of blogspot, and a simple typo, like blosgpot or blogpsot would not do it)...

--

PODCAST.info - Auction running now - 5 days left!
http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?language=us&auction_id=4034&tracked=&partnerid=

3ammary

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
blogsport.com ---blogspot.com
bezzness.com---- business.com
am i on rit way

they told me that bezzness.com is worth zero $
i am afraid that i dun accept that ,,,
can any one comment plz

3ammary

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanx tomclowes

success.org.nz
does it worth?

SuccessClick

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is about £500 - currently figures are on about 30 times that for jan so far.

It is worth looking into other extentions rather than .com . I work in .co.uk mainly and there is still tremendous value to be had.

I advise my clients to look into cctlds, especially the .co.uk and .de extensions. There is GREAT value in those extensions if you have the right keywords.

I think I've posted this before, but I will give my expert freebie advice again right here on domain extension value... in order of value on the open market. These values can change at any time, except the .com, king of domain extensions. Let's take a two word generic descriptive domain and carve out an estimated value of the same "phrase" at each extension:

(My New Year's gift to DNforum members) All value estimations are the MINIMUM of what the owner should sell... there is NEVER a "TOP" or "MAXIMUM" value of a domain, because the domain is worth what the buyer will pay, and that can exceed your expectations. The Minimum price projects what you can expect for the domain if you sat on it. If you need cash quick, you can offer it at lower than MINIMUM for a quick sale and get the cash. I do that sometimes, because I like the quick cash without having to convince the wife that spending over $10k a month on domain purchases is okay... there's millions of domains to buy and sell.

Well, there isn't any ONE domain that makes you do a "Tommy Boy" on the sale. (rent or buy the movie "TOMMY BOY", and you'll understand. It's the #1 comedy of all time, starring David Spade and Chris Farley, and it has to do with SALES. You'll see the spot in the movie that I'm referring to - don't you love searching for clues like a treasure hunt? If you don't see what I'm referring to in the movie, just go back to playing Scrabble).

So, here's the phrase we'll evaluate in all of the top extensions:
"CoffeeTable" (all extensions taken - none by me). Here are a few of my my appraisal values:

.com - (this domain is privacy protected through Moniker -- a fast appraisal that this domain is owned by a big player. The site is a landing page. The domain in my estimation is worth $15,000 MINIMUM)

.org - look at this... the domain doesn't even have a parked page. Worse still, there's content in FRENCH! ARGH! Where does the rev come in from browser searching (direct navigation)? Value -- $1000

.de - don't go to this page if you're on a Mac using Safari. Besides that, there is no monetization connected with this page. Value - $1000 euro

.info - says in Domaintools.com that it has a 94% SEO score, and 100% meta relevance... hmmm looks like he's pointing it to a website the sells domain tools... Value - $400

.co.uk - parked site, looks customized... eh... $500

.net - parked, using Domainmanager.com -- great service, BTW. Value - $500

.mobi - boohoo, domain owner left the domain for godaddy's default landing pages. Owner making zero on traffic rev, if any. godaddy making money on his domain traffic. Yeah Godaddy! Value -- $75

.us - parked domain, I "feel" that the owner likes this domain. Value - $400

.biz - looks like it's at Parked.com, smart owner... Value - $300

This is a rough appraisal of a domain "phrase" in its top extenstions and I have no association with. Hopefully, this will provide a decent sample to which readers can assess similar value within their own domains.

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I told you what I paid for them and what they sold for I would have to kill ya! :wink:

LOL Chris!

Good input from everyone.

And thanks for the comprehensive post Stephen.

3ammary

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanx sucess clik
hope to be ur student :)

sorry :)
thanx stephen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom