Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Did I handle it ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got an email because someone was interested in my domain: top-scripts.com , It's the first time I've gotten an end-user emailing me cause I haven't been in the domain biz for long, this is how the emails went.....did I handle it ok?

I wrote

Hello,

Yes, the domain is available.

What are you willing to offer?

Regards,

Brett

They wrote

hi,

i haven't really bought that many domains. what would you say would be fair for us both? also do you have any other domain names?

Thanks,

I wrote:

Hello,

After considering things, I am willing to accept offers around the $1100 mark.

As for other domains, yes I have many, really depends on what your looking for.

Thanks,

Brett

They wrote

Hi,

wow, that;s a lot for a domain. I am looking for webmaster related domains.

Thanks,

I wrote:

Well, depends on how you look at it. Good domains aren't cheap; it's up to the individual to decide if it's worth spending the one-time fee to obtain the domain they genuinely want; they can easily base their business around another domain that can be obtained for the normal registration cost, but the question is, would you be happy with this domain/business name in the long run?

As stated in the last email, I'll accept offers around that mark, so the domain is negotiable. Feel free to chuck out an offer & we can go from there.

As for other webmaster related domains, I currently don't have anymore available sorry.

Regards,

Brett

To which I haven't received a reply as yet & they usually are rarher quick at replying.....did I scare them off?

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always look forward to reading BigFart's negotiation tactic posts. They are always informative!

-WC-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom