Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

did i respond to this offer wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I usually dont respond to offers with fixed prices on names where i am not sure of the price, but in this case the guys email appears to be an end user in mortgage industry, although wording sounds like a domainer what you guys think is he a domainer, i responded i am in no rush to sell and will consider all offers, by the way i am in no rush. heres his offer

"Please give me the bottom of the line quote for this domain."

Thank You...

Domain Days 2024

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
At some point you have to give a price. The Cat and Mouse game that most domainers play costs them a lot of money in the long run.

Whatever the true lowest number you would sell the name for....multiply that by three and let him know.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
At some point you have to give a price. The Cat and Mouse game that most domainers play costs them a lot of money in the long run.

I agree. I stopped doing that and I just set a fair price that would make me happy in the end. Stop thinking about how much you "could've" gotten and what the other party might end up making - and you'll end up making more sales.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok thanks guys i will let you no if i get a resonse, i no a similar name went for 5k sold by a member here at dnf, he said he got multiple offers ,the only difference between his name and mine is his had year spelled out and mine has yr

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed! I think it is also equally important to know who you are dealing with to elimintate the possibility of being scammed.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Abraham said:
Agreed! I think it is also equally important to know who you are dealing with to elimintate the possibility of being scammed.

I try and research email on offers, enquirers email was pmfunding*.com from what i can see its premier mortgage funding, being it is a mortgage domain i think it is an enduser, i usually dont deal with domainers in fact when they ask for stats i usually just delete the email because i have gone that route too many times, nothing against domainers but i am after end users

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
heres his offer

"Please give me the bottom of the line quote for this domain."

I have never heard that phrase before.
"bottom of the line quote" on Google shows no results.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know i am usually pretty good at descerning the offer wether from a domainer or enduser but in this case all i could figure is he meant whats your botom line

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never reply with " I am in no rush to sell" I hate when people do that. Just simply name a price that you would sell for.. If you're in no rush to sell, then don't reply or just reply with, Im not open to selling at this time.

But if you're accepting offers, dont put Im in no rush to sell

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting....I did say that a couple of times. I learned a new thing today...thank you !

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
But if you're accepting offers, dont put Im in no rush to sell

Agreed, 9 times out of 10 that means no serious negotiations will be had.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:
When I'm buying and I get the line "I am in no rush to sell" I run the other way :)

ditto. It often means seller figures he can retire on the profit so I do not bother to make an offer.

WhoDatDog said:
...The Cat and Mouse game that most domainers play costs them a lot of money in the long run...

It's insane for so many sellers who either refuse to quote a price at all, or it's sky high. I can't even remember how many names I did NOT buy due to that happening at the forums or sedo.

Sometimes I see the name which I had trouble getting a price for later sell to someone else for less than what I would have paid.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't always hold out for a higher price based on the potential of the domain. Sure the buyer will make money with the domain, and most likely they will make more than they paid for the domain. This is because they are working hard to develop the site and promote it. Something that you, as a domainer probably don't care to do to the level that the end user would.

So basically, if you have personal plans for the domain yourself, then you'd have reasons to hold out, but honestly if you have no plans to develop it ever, then responding with "I'm not really looking to sell this" is not your best bet. You really ARE looking to sell it or you wouldn't have posted this thread.

If you want an idea of how much you should ask for the domain, I recommend you post it in the appraisals forum here. Then, all things considered, reply with a fair price and see where it goes from there. :)

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, i forwarded a firm price and will see how it goes, another factor that makes me think i will do this from now on, besides reasons you guys posted, is if it is a broker requesting price to buy for someone else they probably would rather deal with a firm price rather than going back and forth with client only to find the seller was looking for a million wasting al there time.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do use the " no rush to sell " jargon , now and again... but I use it when I mean just that ...
To me it means , decent offer or not for sale , and that is exactly what I mean. Sometimes I wish to keep , but obviously will sell at a price..

if you wish to sell...pick a price you feel/know the domain is worth ( as long as you make a profit , what do you care about the end user ... let him/her make/lose $$ with the domain..... )

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:

Whatever the true lowest number you would sell the name for....multiply that by three and let him know.
Wise words. IMHO.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While we are talking about domain offers, i offer $1000 for 15 various l-l.net l-n.net etc his asking price total was $13,500. And just as a reference if you appraised each by 3character.com (I know its not exact but its still a decent guide) they were worth $1500. Rather than making a counter offer the guy sent me an email "Not a chance" I responded, "I was expecting a counter offer not a slammed door." I was willing to pay much more but you need to start somewhere.

Lil off your topic but its my recent offers experience.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I done the reply with 3 times what I really want a few times. The best is a response of "I'll take it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom