Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Digital River...The BIG SUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a year or so ago, I explored options to Linkshare and and CommissionJunction (CJ). I had some success but decided I wanted more targeted ads specific to new and emerging technology.

I decided to go with Digital River. Seems the reviews were pretty decent, lots of options, and the ability to select specific ads to a targeted audience - gamers, programmers, cloud computing, etc.

A few moments ago, I logged into my account to see how things have been going. I noticed a pretty decent volume of 19,856 impressions for one site in the YTD column for one particular site. When I check my account balance, I had $0.00 in payment history. Even though I had some click-thru rates on some ads of 26% to a tad over 34%, out of 19,856 impressions the grand total paid out year-to-date is a big fat NIL!

Now I am back where I started, looking for viable alternatives to Linkshare and CJ.

More than happy to review other affiliates if you don't mind posting.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Oh, cry me a (digital) river Gerry :D

But seriously, these services are crap.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
(wink wink)

Honestly, free space given away since the beginning of 2012. Try telling them you want to advertise on their site for free and then see the push back. Had I not checked they would have been on track for about 35K impressions this year - all free.

Yes, I did have one direct advertiser. Except...well, he seemed to have forgotten to pay me after I created his ad and he approved it.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gerry said:
Try telling them you want to advertise on their site for free and then see the push back.

Well said.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
(wink wink)

Honestly, free space given away since the beginning of 2012. Try telling them you want to advertise on their site for free and then see the push back. Had I not checked they would have been on track for about 35K impressions this year - all free.

Yes, I did have one direct advertiser. Except...well, he seemed to have forgotten to pay me after I created his ad and he approved it.

Nothin better than a smile on a bad day. Thanks.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was actually a little bit of a gotcha moment. When I saw the number of impressions I was surely expecting some sort of payout history. Nothing. Zilch.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahh yes,.. but sometimes zilch is,... priceless.

Worth more than the 35k,.. and a whole lot more memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom