Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Directing to clients website with EMDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie Crosby

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello, I understand the principle behind owning another domain with good keyword searches, creating a landing page then linking to your main website. And the natural type in of the domain name into the address bar, BUT what other methods can I tell my clients the use of directing traffic to their website with EMDs. Thank you.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if i'm reading question correctly, then:

at your registrar> domain management> change settings of the domain to "url redirect or url forward" then include that websites' url, if that's where you want that domain to resolve to

instead of creating a landing page, then linking to destination website

or change nameservers to same as website and their (webmaster) can set-up directory to capture or utilize

Howie Crosby

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Biggie, hope your having (had) a good weekend, sorry for the late reply.

Ah yes, URL forwarding:nod:, I have used this for forwarding domains to auctions and landing pages etc. So for instance if a client used a.com and forwarded to b.com, not only will they have awesome domain names;), thus will a.com be visible via google search? what I'm trying to say is, if a user searchers for the keyword 'a' in google search, and find it via organic results, click on the EMD website link which is a.com, then get's directed to b.com, as it's URL forwarded?

Also, I have never heard about the method concerning setting up directories and capturing, is this really hi-tech or something a rookie can learn?

Thanks very much indeed, Howie.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Howie Crosby

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Biggie, I just need to get this question answered please, if a user searchers for the keyword 'a' which is typed into google, then clicks on the EMD website link which is a.com, which in turn directs to b.com, (as it's URL forwarded?) Would this be the case scenario for domain forwarding in selling clients a domain name with type in traffic, that can be captured to the client's website? Thank you very much, Howie.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Biggie, I just need to get this question answered please, if a user searchers for the keyword 'a' which is typed into google, then clicks on the EMD website link which is a.com, which in turn directs to b.com, (as it's URL forwarded?) Would this be the case scenario for domain forwarding in selling clients a domain name with type in traffic, that can be captured to the client's website? Thank you very much, Howie.

if... that emd websites' link is "listed" in SE's and someone clicks on it, which is forwarded to b.com, you CANNOT sell the client the name based on type-in traffic, but you can sell based on "actual visitor clicks on the link", prior to redirecting it to that clients website.

if traffic is received from a search engine, then that's not type-in traffic, that's link traffic

type in traffic originates from the address bar in a browser, where a user types in the actual domain name, plus the extension

imo...

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't using the same nameserver for two domains essentially create two identical sites? Wouldn't that hurt your search results for "duplicate content"? IMO the best way to utilize two domains for one site would be to forward one to the other.

You can track forwards from your traffic statistics (Awstats, Webalizer, etc.).

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't using the same nameserver for two domains essentially create two identical sites? Wouldn't that hurt your search results for "duplicate content"? IMO the best way to utilize two domains for one site would be to forward one to the other.

You can track forwards from your traffic statistics (Awstats, Webalizer, etc.).

everyone who parks, uses the same nameservers for that respective ppc service... yet we all have different domains

as the content would only duplicate, if they both had same files.

but i agree, it's best to forward one name to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom