Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Directnic $15 for internal transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What the heck - want to transfer a name from another directnic account and they want $15 to allow that INTERNAL transfer - that really sucks.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can transfer it to a namecheap.com account for $8.88 and add a years renewal to it. There may be other registrars that are cheaper but I find Namecheap quick and easy. i transfered over 30 names to there from other registrars in the last two months with miminal problems. Internal transfers are free and instantanious there.
Best of luck.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
What the heck - want to transfer a name from another directnic account and they want $15 to allow that INTERNAL transfer - that really sucks.

I believe,you can create another account and transfer to that account for free. Then give account info to customer.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to their site they require $15 to transfer from one Directnic account to another Directnic account with an enforced extra year's reg:-

1. Log into the receiving account at http://directnic.com/myaccount/.
2. Click on the "Domain Transfers" link.
3. Enter in the names of the domains you would like to transfer. Then click on the “Submit” button.
4. There will be a US$15 charge for each domain, which will add one additional year to the domain’s current registration. Click on the "Continue Purchase" button.
5. If you are presented with a page to modify your contacts, select the appropriate contacts and click on “Continue Purchase.”
6. Verify that all of your information is correct and click on the "Purchase" button.
7. Please note that after the request is submitted, the owner (administrative contact) of each domain to be transferred will receive an email with instructions on how to authorize the transfer. Upon his/her approval, it may take up to one (1) hour for the transfer to be completed.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by think
You can transfer it to a namecheap.com account for $8.88 and add a years renewal to it. There may be other registrars that are cheaper but I find Namecheap quick and easy. i transfered over 30 names to there from other registrars in the last two months with miminal problems. Internal transfers are free and instantanious there.
Best of luck.

Hey Think Have you had any problems transfering names from Namecheap to Enom? Because Namecheap is an Enom reseller, somehow they have their system set so that when I try the transfers, enom replys that they can't transfer out a name that is already at Enom? Makes it hard to move it to Enom and add a year, and the price is higher at Namecheap. Any ideas?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not tried to transfer to Enom. Guess I should have checked their prices.
Although I do like the setup at Namecheap better than Enom for managing domains and that is why I stayed so far.
Sorry I am no help on that one Stoc Doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom