Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Directnic = Hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I purchased aname from some that uses Directnic..
This is what they want to move the name into my directnic account (I opened specifically to push this name into )

"Thank you for using the directNIC.com Trouble Ticket System. The following
response is from a qualified directNIC customer support team member:

Date: 09/14/04 10:15pm

You will need to us the file ownership change agreement (paperwork).
To file ownership change agreement paperwork, please go to:

http://www.directnic.com/help/docs/rta.doc or http://www.directnic.com/help/docs/rta.pdf.

Select one of the files to download based on which format you need, Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat, respectively. Download the documents. Then, have both parties fill them out, get them notarized, and send them to us.

If the registrant contact of the domain is the same as the new account contact information, or the two accounts have exactly the same contact info, you don't have to get the form notarized.

Our mailing address is:
Intercosmos Media Group, Inc.
650 Poydras Street, Suite 1150
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
USA
Fax: 504-566-0484

"

They are operating in a decades old method..

Stay away ..far far away.. reminds me of domainsystems

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that. I've done several registrar change transactions with them (as recently as couple of weeks ago), and was always just regular e-mail type of deal.

Moreover, they are probably one of the best registrars outthere for customer support and that type of thing. Highly recommended in my book so far.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moreover, they are probably one of the best registrars outthere for customer support and that type of thing. Highly recommended in my book so far.[/QUOTE]

------------------

capp: i agree

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a pain the rear.. At first we were told that we had to wait 60 days.. That I can deal with .. but then I got the email for the old paparerwork way...this is outdated ..very outdated stuff.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
This is a pain the rear.. At first we were told that we had to wait 60 days.. That I can deal with .. but then I got the email for the old paparerwork way...this is outdated ..very outdated stuff.

------------------------------

Directnic.com DOES allow electronic transfer for all domains except the .tv extension. the key to a succesful transfer is that the current OWNER of the domain has unlocked his domain and allowed for the transfer to occur. I have transferred two or three electronically without any problem.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mark said:
------------------------------

Directnic.com DOES allow electronic transfer for all domains except the .tv extension. the key to a succesful transfer is that the current OWNER of the domain has unlocked his domain and allowed for the transfer to occur. I have transferred two or three electronically without any problem.

actually Mark ..all we want to do is a simple PUSH between accounts.. they claim they cannot with .WS .. well I have pushed .ws between accounts at Goodaddy all day long ..even registerfly !

DirectNic wants to revert to the old standard of downloading a transfer agreement , signing it..then I send it to the seller he needs to sign it and have it Nortorized ..the he sends it to DirectNic and we hope it doent end up in their junk mailcontainer ..

It's archaic and no one else operates like that anymore..it's been over 3 years since I last went through oe of these .
I honestly dont know if maybe they are just confused on .ws policy ? But to move it from one account to another should be a 1 minute process ..not a 2-3 weeks process

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last time I tried it was $15 for a "push" within DirectNic, so I just Xfered to eNom :-D

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
actually Mark ..all we want to do is a simple PUSH between accounts.. they claim they cannot with .WS .. well I have pushed .ws between accounts at Goodaddy all day long ..even registerfly !

DirectNic wants to revert to the old standard of downloading a transfer agreement , signing it..then I send it to the seller he needs to sign it and have it Nortorized ..the he sends it to DirectNic and we hope it doent end up in their junk mailcontainer ..

It's archaic and no one else operates like that anymore..it's been over 3 years since I last went through oe of these .
I honestly dont know if maybe they are just confused on .ws policy ? But to move it from one account to another should be a 1 minute process ..not a 2-3 weeks process

I'd tried their ticket system before, sometimes they don't really see thru the problem & give you the wrong solution.

I think the push function for directnic is transfer the domain name within account (but you need to renew it), when it's 60 days old & the domain name's contact info is yours, it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom