Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Disgusting (BulkRegister)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After complaing about a domain transfer to enom that was rejected for no apparent reason, this is the reply we got back from BulkRegister.....

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

In our efforts to stem the industry problem of \"domain slamming\", all transfer requests to Enom are currently being blocked. Domain Registry of America, an Enom reseller, has also been identified as mailing deceptive domain renewal notices to our customers. It is because of our previous history with Enom; by default all domains residing with BulkRegister has a transfer block on Enom.
>
>According to my superiors, the only way we can allow transfers to Enom is if the company you registered your domain through (the \"Bulkregister customer\") contacts us directly, and asks us to set their account to allow transfers to Enom to process normally (you would be sent an email asking for your approval of the transfer).
>
>Now, if you do not wish to contact that company to have them request this (or if they say they\'re not going to do so), then you\'d have 4 options if you still wish to transfer to Enom:
>
>1. Get your own account, have the domain transferred into that account. Then, we could set that account to allow transfers to Enom to process normally. Then, have Enom re-submit the transfer, and the domain would be transferred.
>
>2. Transfer the domain to another registrar instead, and then transfer the domain to Enom.
>
>3. If the other options are not desirable, we also have a holding account we can place your domain into that is already enabled for Enom transfers.
>
>For your reference, the company you registered your domain through is:
>
>Company ICU Global, Inc.
>Tel 877-282-9202
>Fax 877-702-3167
>Email Address [email protected]
>
>Please let me know if you need help deciding on or executing an option.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Chang Lim
>BulkRegister
>Customer Service

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My course of action would be to let Enom fight the battle for you. It is in Enom's best interest to get this resolved before it spreads to other registrars. And, then no one would want to transfer to Enom.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good advice - I will certainly pass this on to them. We have already requested option 3 from them, but this is ludicrous, and enom should be aware of it (if they aren't already)

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last time I just emailed [email protected] and the transfer went through. Of course I'd be glad if it's got straighten out with eNom.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has got me ticked now too. I would contact Bulkregister and tell them that the name is yours and you will decide (not they) when and where you will transfer it. Put them in their place.

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to make your BR enom enabled first (support) then all enom transfers go thru with no problem.

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no need to get stresses about it, just send support an email and ask them to turn Enom transfer on for your account. They will do it and you'll be done.

I would rather a registrar was more careful, rather than less careful, about approving outgoing transfers.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is not my bulkregisater account. It is the account of the person who is losing the client that I gained, and am now trying to take over the domain for.

This makes me look (in the client's eyes) like I do not know what I am doing, and I am at the mercy of the old webmaster to go above and beyond his original responsibility to resolve this on behalf of the client who just fired him.

I would consider "being more careful" to involve personally contacting all parties involved rather than rejecting all transfers out of hand. I think this is worth getting pissed off about.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send your request to [email protected] NOT [email protected] :)

I had gone through some confusion trying to transfer names in and this is related. After mailing support I was told to mail [email protected]
and all has been a breeze.

I was also told they are working on a solution to this problem....and it is a pain in the arse too.

I have also have mentioned a number of times if they could impliment <sp> the ability to let people make free "holding" accounts so we can do transfers like enom or dotster on so on. That they are falling behind the bunch and was told that was being "looked at"....So I hope they do.

Anyhow..hope that helps

z

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At least they are trying to stop the DROA crooks.
Althought it is intefering with genuine transfers, it's eNom's fault for letting such a rogue operation continue to use their services.

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its shocking. Totally unprofessional

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received fraudulent transfer requests from BulkRegister !! I emailed them immediately and requested more info about who made the transfer request but never got a reply from BR :(((

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a been using BR for almost 3 years and aside from this transfer issue ( which I feel was a hassle but was worked out for me to this point ) had never had any extreme problems getting support or anything else. (try getting ANY answer from some of the other registrars)

Their support wasn't always the best in the past but the last 6 months or so I have gotten someone right away when I call and had been attended to appropriatly via email. I do have my issues that they don't offer the features
that some of the other services do...but supposedly thats going to chance I guess I'll see.

This transfer thing is a pain in the asss but as said by someone else earlier...if Enom would not let ConArtists use their sytem this wouldn't be a problem to start with. I think people would be screaming louder if their names were being transfered out inappropriatly.

Anyhow...good luck and try send your transfer requests to [email protected] .... It has worked for me so far.

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Their is nothing more frustrating than getting no reply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom