Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Disputing iTrader points

Status
Not open for further replies.

godxilla2

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Someone just left me a false negative itrader point.

I don't see where i can dispute this point.

Is there some area where i can do this?

Thanks

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 5660

The feedback was not "false." You made an offer on a domain and I accepted. When i sent you the payment info you ask who the registrar was (it was unclear why you didn't look it up yourself, it appeared you were playing games). Then I sent you more messages for payment. you read them and didn't answer. Then I asked for payment and warned you about negaite feedback.

You then wrote back and claimed your registrar was charging you $25 for a transfer. You added that you were asking me if I would sell the domain for your offer but that didn't mean you actually wanted to buy it.

Do you think we are here to waste time over a $50 transaction?

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds valid to me.

D

Deleted member 5660

I explained a transfer would only cost about $7 such as Godaddy but he just went ahead and left me negative feedback.

godxilla2

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Admin - thank you for looking into this.

I never committed to buying the domain name, i just expressed interest in it. Big difference. Also, not that it should matter since i did not commit to buying the domain, but its true that the registrar i use charges $25+ for the transfer/reg guard of the domain names.

He claims that i did not respond to his PM and ignored him. That is also not true, i did respond. From the point of initial contact to right now, it has only been LESS than three days. Come on...

I did not give you negative feedback until after you gave me negative feedback. I was content leaving it the way it was and apologized for the inconveinance it caused you.

I see that the admin removed the negative feedback i left you. I am requesting that if you remove his, than please remove the negatitve feedback on my itrader.

Thank you.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Post the communication where the offer was sent. That will clarify whether it was a firm commitment to buy or just a feeler. Not all offers are a commitment to buy. If I said " I will buy this at $100" then I committed. If I said "would you accept $100", then I have not committed.

You made a big mistake by leaving retaliation feedback though.

D

Deleted member 5660

There were a couple messages not answered and one with a response with asking me for the registrar. Only after did I mention negative feedback did he come up with the other description. But since he is new I have no objection to removing the negative feedback I left.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have done MULTIPLE transactions with Russ aka Consumers and they have ALL been flawless. If you PM or post an offer, or even ask someone if they will accept $100 for a domain name, this is committing you to this domain name. Usually an offer is good for 5-7 days so if you make an offer, have those funds readily available.

godxilla2

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Post the communication where the offer was sent. That will clarify whether it was a firm commitment to buy or just a feeler. Not all offers are a commitment to buy. If I said " I will buy this at $100" then I committed. If I said "would you accept $100", then I have not committed.

You made a big mistake by leaving retaliation feedback though.

my point exactly. I did not say "i will buy this at $50", i asked "will you take $50?". I asked a question, i did not make a statement of commitment.

I did respond relatively quickly to his PMs. This whole issue only took less than a two days! My very first PM to him regarding this domain name was two nights ago. I would hardly consider that "not responding".

I did not leave retailation feedback. i was trying to clear my name after being accused of committing to a deal i did not commit to.

consumer - look at your PM and see the statement i made was a question, not a committment.

I am not saying tha consumer is a bad guy, but accusing me of committing to the sale is not accurate.

Admin - please remove this negative feedback on my account.

Thanks

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is where it comes down to your wording.

You asked, "Will you take $50?" This is an offer, asking the seller if they will accept $50.

If you said, "Would you take $50" you would be asking the seller a hypothetical question where you want them to respond answering if they would accept a $50 offer if they received it.

godxilla2

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is where it comes down to your wording.

You asked, "Will you take $50?" This is an offer, asking the seller if they will accept $50.

If you said, "Would you take $50" you would be asking the seller a hypothetical question where you want them to respond answering if they would accept a $50 offer if they received it.

"will you take $50?" is a question, by anyones definition. An offer would be "i offer you $XX", which is not what i stated. It is just asking him, if he will take it if i offered it, it is not stating that i offered it. in anycase, it should not constitute enough of a reason to leave negatitive feedback.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't make ANY offers unless you are sure you want to buy it at that price, really simple. Then , if you decide you DO, make the offer and be prepared to uphold it...what YOUR registrar charges is your concern, not the sellers. It seems obviously both people don't want negative feedback (and Russ surely does'nt deserve it) so if it's mutually removed by the ohh so generous Giant of Domains then it looks like lesson learned for our little newbie. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom