Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dixie Chicks boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never like Dixie Chicks much. The truth is I am not that into country music or even those so-called new country a.k.a. pop. But I guess I'll have to start picking them up ...

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you starting a boycott NS? I'm not clear.

I saw where one of them slammed GW while they were in Europe and then turned around and apologized...but I think I missed the boycott thing.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hehe...thats funny.

I guess it's one thing to take shots at GW when you're a liberal hollywood "star" preaching to the california choir and another when your primary fan base is conservatives from the heartland.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry
hehe...thats funny.

I guess it's one thing to take shots at GW when you're a liberal hollywood "star" preaching to the california choir and another when your primary fan base is conservatives from the heartland.

Also goes to show just how redneck those conservatives are..the Dixie Chicks were voicing there constitutional right of freedom of speech.. God forbid they have a differnt view..

When I read those all I see are people with very narrows minds..

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

the Dixie Chicks were voicing there constitutional right of freedom of speech..

It's o.k to slam the president while you're in this country, but has always been a big "no-no" while overseas. I believe the "Dixie Chick" who made the disparaging remarks was in London while making those comments.

Also as american consumers we have a right to boycott anyone who we think is against our country and president. Jesse Jackson perfected the art of the boycott, and we conservatives are now awaking to it's potential.

Buh, bye Dixie Chicks!! If they were only smarter. They will now become the "Poster Celebrities" for americans who despise "hypocrite" anti-war protesters.

note: Hypocrites are those people who speak out against oppression, yet defend a brutal dictator.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Bid----stop it! hehe...that type of reaction flies in the face of your claim to be a thinking liberal. It's akin to me claiming the NRA is right just because.

Liberals perfected the boycott in this country.

Always amazes me when conservatives actually DO anything that could be considered activist in nature...the liberals are always the first to scream foul.

Ex1) When the florida recount was happening a group of white middle age republicans actually picketed the court house - the press described them as an angry mob - then when they cut the cameras over to them it was the Cleavers.

Funny stuff...rabid conservatives!

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

It's o.k to slam the president while your in this country, but has always been a big "no-no" while overseas. I believe the "Dixie Chick" who made the disparaging remarks was in London while making those comments.

Also as american consumers we have a right to boycott anyone who we think is against our country and president. Jesse Jackson perfected the art of the boycott, and we conservatives are now awaking to it's potential.

Buh, bye Dixie Chicks!! If they were only smarter. They will now become the "Poster Celebrities" for americans who despise "hypocrite" anti-war protesters.

note: Hypocrites are those people who speak out against oppression, yet defend a brutal dictator.

I belive it's oK to call your president a Dickehead no matter where you are in the world :laugh:

I recall that happening many times from Americans overseas slamming Clinton.. no difference

I think it's rather amusing actually.. I mean really ..she said she was ashamed to say he was from Texas.. :laugh: and all these pea size brains start hemorraging
:laugh:

Now as a business decision..not a very brighty move on her part..

But still wont matter.. People have short memorys and forgive pretty fast..next tune the Dixie Chicks have that cause these same people to tap their toes and they 'll sale millions of records ..eerrr did I say records ?..cds again..

Look at Modonna.. how many times did the conservatives boycott her.. ghow many times did they claim they would destroy her ....

:laugh:.. whats the saying.. Bad Press is better than no press at all.. Hell they'll probably sell more on their latest relase then they ever have..

anyways it's not that big a deal.. more amusing on both sides than anything serious..

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

I recall that happening many times from Americans overseas slamming Clinton.. no difference

I agree with you on this one bid. It was wrong...

You can dislike the person, but you MUST never disrespect him/her as president. The office of the President of the United States no matter who is in it should be given the utmost respect. I can tell you this that when I was in uniform, I despised the man, but would have taken a bullet for him should the occasion ever presented itself.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Uh why? - Why respect for someone who doesn't deserve respect?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
Uh why? - Why respect for someone who doesn't deserve respect?

You don't have to like the president in our country, but it's not right to disparage the office he sits in. Our democracy is built on chain-of-command. To degrade his office would in a sense cut at the fabric of our democracy.

Clinton clearly should have resigned, just as Nixon did. He didn't and the office of the president suffered. Again, showing Clinton's true colors. However in all fairness, a Gore in office might have been worse, so we did the best we could until it was time for Clinton to leave office.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To disagree is one thing, but to insult is another. They insulted Bush...big difference.

I might not agree with Bush on all topics, but I would never insult him or the office.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To talk about the Prez is one thing, but to announce your shame for him, in ANOTHER COUNTRY, while ON STAGE is f***ed.

It's Anti-American to say the least.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I guess both Clinton and Bush Jr. are very much like Kennedy in the sense that they are either LOVED or HATED, unlike Jimmy What or Ford whose faces I can barely remember. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom