Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DN Sales Scam? Take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvinzzz

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I just received an email from someone allegedly from www.day1-dnl.com stating the following:

(If you are not in charge of this please transfer this email to appropriate dept, thanks.)

Dear CEO,

We are the department of Asian Domain registration service in china. we have something need to confirm with you. We formally received an application on March 30, 2010, one company which called "ATCH & investment co" is applying to register "[our company]" as network brand and following Domains:
"[ourcompany].asia
[ourcompany].com.hk
[ourcompany].com.tw
[ourcompany].hk
[ourcompany].in
[ourcompany].net.cn
[ourcompany].tw"
After our initial examination, we found that the network brand applied for registration are as same as your company's name. These days we are dealing with it, and hope to get the affirmation from your company. If your company has not authorized the aforesaid company to register these, please contact us as soon as possible.
In addition, we hereby confirm that our time limit is 7 workdays. If your company files no reply within the time limit, we will unconditionally approve the application submitted by "ATCH & investment co".

Best Regards,

Steven Zhou (Mr.)
Senior Consultant
Room101,No.10,Lane 199,XiangNan Road,
Pudong New District,Shanghai,China
Tel : +86-21-58952199
Fax : +86-21-58952239
Web:

So my initial thoughts are that its just a Chinese domainer trying to get us to purchase these, but the call-to-action within the email only suggests that we get in contact to block the alleged company from purchasing these domains.

Is this a legitimate email? I find it hard to believe that domain companies would allocate resources towards such ethical business practices if it weren't making them profit at some point. Are they expecting me to contact them to register these domains within 7days before some alleged company parks them?

There are very few references to day1-dnl.com on Google suggesting that this site isn't that well known at least. I therefore find it hard to believe that ATCH & Investment co would register via this company to begin with - although admittedly, it is possible. In addition, I find no reference to ATCH & Investment co on Google. Fictitious company? Different, outward facing brand? Savvy shadow company? Living under a proverbial internet rock yet wants to acquire domains?

I can usually spot spam emails straight away just from the shear stupidity of their copy, but this one is the first I've taken a close look at - albeit while holding my nose closed to block our the fishy smell. What do you think?

Any ideas / suggestions on how to proceed?
Thanks!

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This company is spaming a long time already. This is their way to increase registrations. Or basically all their registrations are based on this spam.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All these domain scams are so stupid that only moron would fall for it. Hence not necessary to open a thread whenever someone receives such scam email (there must be already hundreds of threads about all these scams on DNForum alone)

marvinzzz

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whopps sorry! Thanks for replies guys. :rolleyes:

Admin, feel free to delete/lock this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom