Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Improve DNForum DNF Auctions

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Helmuts,

If you could set up an auction system, this would be the icing on the DNF cake. You'd have a captive audience.

Give it a think.

All the best, StevešŸ˜Ž

Upvote 0

Helmuts

DNForum.com
ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
Reaction score
Hello Helmuts,

If you could set up an auction system, this would be the icing on the DNF cake. You'd have a captive audience.

Give it a think.

All the best, StevešŸ˜Ž

Hi Steve, yes, this is on the list > an auction marketplace for wholesale (not end users)

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That, my dear friend, is most disappointing. Why not tell them the truth?

Here is an example: The probability of hitting a "mark"with LLLL names, wholesale:

There are 10 numerical digits, and 26 western letters, in the universe of potential LLLL domains.

For this exercise, I am ignoring all of the other TLD's except .COM, and all of the other language-specific letters. There are now 36 possible combinations of choosing 4 digits/letters from 36 possibles. If we go into all of the TLDs these days, this probability explodes into crazy exponential numbers. I'm not gonna go there.

For those of you who dig math, here it is, number of possible combinations with repetition of any letters or numerals:

(r+n-1)! Ć· (r!(n-1)!)....r = number of potential choices, n = number of total choices. So r =4, and n = 36. "!" means factorial, for example 4!=4x3x2x1.

Good luck...PM me if you have other questions

So, with repetition of any and all numerical and letter combinations, there are:

82,251 possible combinations, or, 1:82,251combinations = 0.000011331 probability, or 0.001133% of hitting your "Mark.", or 0.0011% of success. Do you like those ODDS? Why not go play the slots at Vegas? Better odds.

I will go into the Expected Value E(X) for those who reg 1,000s of LLLL domains in the hopes of hitting a "Mark", anon, if anyone is interested. They are playing the odds, with deep pockets in the hopes of hitting a "mark" (sucker.)

atb/Steve Russell (steveatvillas)

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom