Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNF Doesnt support the blackout??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So DNF supports the online activity as opposed to SOPA and PIPA??!!

So Blackout or BUST !!??

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Organizations like Wikipedia love to gain publicity and see an increase in donations. It's sad how far their taking their greed for donations. Their pages are flooded with donation requests and you want to tell me their doing this because their standing up? Please do read few pages on marketing! DNF.com would benefit from this if you ask me if you published few short sentences that the WORLDS LARGEST DOMAIN FORUM goes BLACK in support!

Front page cover on google news and BOOOMM an increase in traffic and membership!

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CureCancer, what are you talking about? Wikipedia informs all visitors today about SOPA because they want to gain popularity? They offer AD FREE information for FREE, and their server costs are UP if there are more visitors. They live off from donations because there is no other source of revenue. It's insane to bash Wikipedia, especially today when the focus should be on SOPA!

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CureCancer, what are you talking about? Wikipedia informs all visitors today about SOPA because they want to gain popularity? They offer AD FREE information for FREE, and their server costs are UP if there are more visitors. They live off from donations because there is no other source of revenue. It's insane to bash Wikipedia, especially today when the focus should be on SOPA!

They continue to discredit countries of their own history with their own version of history. They are in my books not the place to use for research, it's not accurate and never will as long as their agenda and content is based on foreign policies. If you can't afford to pay for your own server then close your doors! it's that simple!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the news of wikipedia's planned blackout today, was "news" on MSN's home page and tv stations.

i doubt very seriously if dnf went dark that anybody would notice, except the members.

so we may as well stay lit

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so Wiki shutdowns and stop some little kid from finishing up a school project due tomorrow!!! That little kid was counting on Wiki as their source of information ...shame on them :pound:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That kid won't have Wikipedia if SOPA bill passes.
so Wiki shutdowns and stop some little kid from finishing up a school project due tomorrow!!! That little kid was counting on Wiki as their source of information ...shame on them :pound:

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They continue to discredit countries of their own history with their own version of history. They are in my books not the place to use for research, it's not accurate and never will as long as their agenda and content is based on foreign policies. If you can't afford to pay for your own server then close your doors! it's that simple!

There is a tad bit more to Wikipedia than the history of countries. You do NOT need to take any Wikipedia article as a fact, but it's full of references to do your own research. Without Wikipedia the Internet would be a totally different (worse) place. What should be bashed is SOPA, if that bill passes, then USA will be on the level of China in democracy...

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can support the blackout by go to google.com - click on the black banner and sign in the petition on the right side.

Make sure you have the light on so you can see what you sign.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a tad bit more to Wikipedia than the history of countries. You do NOT need to take any Wikipedia article as a fact, but it's full of references to do your own research. Without Wikipedia the Internet would be a totally different (worse) place. What should be bashed is SOPA, if that bill passes, then USA will be on the level of China in democracy...

You make no sense bud. Wikipedia has been the worst thing ever developed for the young generation. It's inaccurate and kids rely on it. Good for you that you support it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Strange, I blogged about it today. See my Acro blog in sig.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We can do our part:

All DNF members will turn the lights off tonight before going to bed.

Im all for supporting the blackout, but what if we have to get up and pee? Can we leave a night light on?

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You make no sense bud. Wikipedia has been the worst thing ever developed for the young generation. It's inaccurate and kids rely on it. Good for you that you support it.

Really? So suddenly all the books you can find in the library will contain only factual, accurate information. If it's the worst thing ever developed, then tell me a single thing that is better as a source of information (organized, easy to access, free information that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom