Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNF member sending email spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just received a list of domains for sale by one of the members here. I didn't express any interest in the domains when they listed them here for sale.

This is considered spam and is abusing the forum.

I've reported the sale post that they had here so the other moderators and admins can keep an eye out to see if it was just me or if a lot of people received this spam mail.

I won't mention who it was, the domains, or what email it came from but I do know who did it and I do know that you've been on recently.

If you've received similar spam, please either post here (with no username etc.. ) or send me a PM with that information.

(I don't need a lynch mob forming so I won't get into who did it).

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been getting spam from someone offering to sell me a domain I already own and doesnt expire for almost an entire year. I have a post in this forum, you can check it out and see if it is the same.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Um Just my $0.02 but you really need to name and shame.

I did this kind of thing last year, and the only thing that kicked my head into realization was when I was named and shamed.
If no-one knows who did it, there are no repurcussions, and thus no reason for them to stop..

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have got a few as well but i just skim them and delete ...wonder if its the same ones.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow. You just wasted 2 minutes of my life about your complaint that you got an unsolicited email.
How many spam emails (rx, software, etc) do you receive a day? 5 or 10.

And, you focused on one person within your industry?

If you want to be in the business world, you will get a lot of unsolicited emails.
Business people receive a lot of unsolicited offers. Much of it junk.
Some might be an outstanding opportunity.

If you want to live under a rock and not have anyone communicate with you, mark it as spam.

Gee, I hope you don't get anymore unsolicited offer from another domainer that wants to move
some domains at a great price.

Dear Mr. Schilling,
Please stop offering me your crappy domains. If you are willing to sell those domains at
that low price, something must be wrong with them.
Never communicate with me again.

(No, It was not me that sent the email.)

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow. You just wasted 2 minutes of my life about your complaint that you got an unsolicited email.
How many spam emails (rx, software, etc) do you receive a day? 5 or 10.

And, you focused on one person within your industry?

If you want to be in the business world, you will get a lot of unsolicited emails.
Business people receive a lot of unsolicited offers. Much of it junk.
Some might be an outstanding opportunity.

If you want to live under a rock and not have anyone communicate with you, mark it as spam.

Gee, I hope you don't get anymore unsolicited offer from another domainer that wants to move
some domains at a great price.

Normally I ignore the spam that I get (and I do get a lot) if anything, I click the "report spam" button. The issue with this one is that it seems this person is spamming DNF members. They posted the domains for sale here and then emailed (at least a few members now since I received some PMs) out the same exact list of domains.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Normally I ignore the spam that I get (and I do get a lot) if anything, I click the "report spam" button. The issue with this one is that it seems this person is spamming DNF members. They posted the domains for sale here and then emailed (at least a few members now since I received some PMs) out the same exact list of domains.

You are part of the domain industry. It is basically a small industry.
Just about everyone know everyone.
Every person in the doman industry is a member of DNF.

Have you done business with him/her in the past?
Could he/she had picked up your name from your domain for sale site?

You should be honored he considered you a player.
But, I guess you are saying that you are not a player.
That you don't want to be notified about a deal.

And, then adding insult to injury, apparently you marked him/her as a spammer.

One good thing, he/she will never contact you again since you blocked the email address.

I hope he doesn't have to contact you in the future when he gets offered one
of your domains and he was double checking to see if you knew it was hi-jacked.

(karma)

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Count me as a victim of it :)

Did you receive it last night Dragger?.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spam is bad, I know, but I actually found a pretty good name that I flipped for 3 times more than I bought it for from a spam domain sale email.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you done business with him/her in the past?
Could he/she had picked up your name from your domain for sale site?

No, I haven't done business with them in the past, I even searched my email and my posts here. Also, the email they sent it to is not the one I use for my business (they used the one I use in my WhoIs information).

You should be honored he considered you a player.
But, I guess you are saying that you are not a player.
That you don't want to be notified about a deal.

The email was blatant spam. It was impersonal and very templated (even at the bottom it was sent form an email service). They just copy and pasted their post from here into the email.

No "Hey Draggar, might you be interested in these deals?" when not a single domain is close to my niche, in fact, I only own one domain that might be close to what they were offering. Yes, I have gotten emails before from people offering to sell me domains in my niche, wich at least shows that the emails are directed towards me, but this was just a long list of domains thrown together.

Count me as a victim of it :)

Did you receive it last night Dragger?.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom