Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNF No Limit Holdem Poker Tourney #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Buy-in: $10 + $1
Game: No Limit Texas Hold'Em
Tournament Date: Sunday July 10, 2005
Tournament Time: 4:00 PM Eastern
Tournament Name: DNForum $10 NL Hold'Em Tournament #3
Tournament ID: 9825899
Tournament Password: domains123
Prizes: Standard Multi-Tale Prize. DNF owners may or may not add additional prizes at their sole discretion
Site: Pokerstars.com

FAQ

Q) How do I enter?
A)

1) Go to www.PokerStars.com and sign up for an account if you do not already have one.

2) Once you are signed up at PokerStars, log in, and click on the "Tournament" Tab. Then click on the "Private" sub-tab.

3) Locate the DnForum Tournament (you can sort the tournaments by date).

4) Double-Click the tournament to open the DnForum Tournament lobby.

5) Click "Register".

6) Enter the password.

Q) Why are you running this tournament at PokerStars.com and not PartyPoker, Empire Poker, . . . (insert your favorite site here)?
A) PokerStars.com allows for creation of private, password protected tournaments.

Q) PokerStars has been the place where the last 2 WSOP champions have started. I don't want to play against Chris Moneymaker or Dan Raymer!
A) No Problem! The DnForum tournament is a PRIVATE tournament. Only DnForum members (or people who have seen the signup password here) will be allowed to enter the tournament. Unless Chris or Dan is hiding in our ranks, you will be safe. Dutch Boyd did make an appearance at DNForum once, so beware :-D .

Q) How do I fund an account at PokerStars.com?
A) Like you would fund your account at any other Poker Venue, including (but not limited to) Neteller, Firepay, bank account transfer, and Player to Player transfer. Paypal is NOT an option for directly funding your account (although you could send money to a player via paypal if that player is willing to do a player to player transfer of funds).

Q) What will the prize structure be?
A) Prizes are determined by the system, based on the number of entrants. For example, if 24 people enter the tournament, the top three places are paid. If we get 75 people to enter, then nine places are paid. This prize distribution is set by the system.

Q) Hey, this is a cool idea. Can we put F$, Domains Names, Membership Upgrades, etc into the pot?
A) The management of DNForum may or may not choose to add additional prizes to any number of places.

Q) What does the $10 + $1 Entry Fee mean?
A) The Entry Fee has two parts. The first part of the Entry fee is the amount that goes directly toward the prize pool. The second part is the amount that the house charges to enter the tournament. So in this case, you would be charged $11 to enter the tournament, $10 of which goes to the prize pool, and $1 of which goes to the house for running the tournament.

Q) I am not a good poker player. Why should I enter?
A) This is a fun tournament. For the amount if 1-2 domain name registrations / renewals, you can keep entertained for several hours (depending on when you are eliminated).

Q) Can the entry fees be increased to create a larger pot?
A) Yes, we can set the entry fees to any of the following: $10, $20, $30, $50, $100, $200, $500 (plus the appropriate house fees). However, the larger the entry fee, the fewer the people will participate.

Q) Can we play a differnet game other than No Limit Texas Hold'Em?
A) Yes, we can play Hold'Em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Stud, and Stud Hi/Lo. Each game can be played as Limit, Pot Limit, or No Limit.

Q) This is a great idea! How often and when will these tournaments be held?
A) We will judge by the turnout to each tournament and recommendations as to when to have future tournaments. Currently, we are considering bi-weekly and monthly tournament. We will also consider alternate games and other buy-ins.

Q) I still have questions. Who can I ask?
A) DnForum Member "Bob" is in charge of the poker tournaments. Please send a PM to him with any questions.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bob, can you or anyone else with a NetTeller account or similar fund my PokerStars account if I pay you back via Paypal?

I need someone to help me with this in order to play...

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds good

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tried out pokerstars earlier and didn't like the table at all - looks really amateur in terms of graphics... but still, im in.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ever played at Poker Room?

Is Pokerroom.com an option?

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm..tempting to say the least

I could use some cash from a couple suckas.

:)

And if you are in Luke....mmm JUICY!

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will enjoy spending your $10 entry fee Jesse :-D

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys have to be careful. I am a champion :)

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
To answer several inquiries:

I CANNOT transfer funds to anybody. I would be shelling out hundreds. Sorry.

Nobody is signed up yet . . . this is what happened last time. Everybody wanted to play.. nobody shows up.

-Bob

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
arg...If I could get funds into my account I would be in for sure

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Pokerroom.com is the best one. More organized and I believe Poker Room also allows password protected tournaments.

My problem is the neteller account and etc. Plus, I would have to put a min of $25.00 into my PokerStars.com when I only need like $11. Having that extra in there will only make me gamble it away. I must not give into my little problem I have :approve:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you put $30 into your poker stars account you can send me $19 and I will reimburse you via Paypal...

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wont be able to put anything into Neteller until I set up a new bank account with another bank. The one that I had on file with Neteller before has been cancelled. I'll be able to set up a new account next week.

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will take a look at the turney tomorrow. If enough people are registered I register but it doesn't look to good at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom