Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNF$ Reward for cheapest Us and Biz reg info

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see some of the specials on biz and us regs have ended at enom etc.

Can anyone tell me where they see low new reg, renewal and transfer fees now for Biz and Us?

Reward 250 DNF$ for information on the cheapest registrar found and posted in the thread here, unless I can find it and post it sooner.

Thanks for your help
Doc

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always thought it was GoDaddy with their $4.95, is it not?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
I always thought it was GoDaddy with their $4.95, is it not?

...and you can even do a little better than that through some GoDaddy (WildWest) resellers. For example I have used Domainut.com for some time and pay $4.74. Youwould need to contact DNF member Domainut to set up the special pricing on your account because I think the default is the standard GoDaddy rate.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
...and you can even do a little better than that through some GoDaddy (WildWest) resellers. For example I have used Domainut.com for some time and pay $4.74. Youwould need to contact DNF member Domainut to set up the special pricing on your account because I think the default is the standard GoDaddy rate.

Thanks Nameslave, I have an account there so I checked Godaddy out. Looks like their sale ends in a couple days.

Thanks Duke. I already subscibe to his service, so I'd think he'd let me in. Bet his discount would end when Godaddy (Wildwest) pulls the plug.

Anyone else have lower?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK I think I win.

Cheapest found was Galcomm on .us and .biz new regs and transfers.

<29 = $6.25
30+ = $4.95
100+ = $4.85
250+ = $4.75
500+ = $4.64
1000+ contact them (I did and I think they said $4.45)

Sending 100 DNF$ to both nameslave and Duke though since the volume is in question.
Thanks Doc

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doc. Just for reference, GoDaddy just contacted me to run ads on dnjournal.com for their $4.95 sale because they are extending it through March. Still the best deal that doesn't require volume purchases.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey... thanks, Stocdoctor. Just here to help. :)

M

mole

Stocdoctor said:
I see some of the specials on biz and us regs have ended at enom etc.

Strange, my eNom reseller account still works fine at $4.95 for .BIZ and .US.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Strange, my eNom reseller account still works fine at $4.95 for .BIZ and .US.

Yeah my reseller account at enom is back to the $4.95 as well. It was $6.95 for the last two days. I figure either they extended the promotion like Godaddy, or they had another one of their glitches they have been having so many of over the last 3 months. By the way, I find that the drop in quality of service at enom has been equally matched by an increase in service from Netsol since they were bot from Verislime. In my opinion they now provide the best service all around. Now if they can just wake up and bring their prices into reality.
Doc

M

mole

Stocdoctor said:
By the way, I find that the drop in quality of service at enom has been equally matched by an increase in service from Netsol since they were bot from Verislime.

I think if you are refering to customer support, then yes, Netsol is responsive. I hear they farm most of it out to the Phillipines where labor is very cheap. I was watching a Discovery docu the other day, apparently these customer call centers have training where they are taught to speak with an American accent LOL

In terms of managing many domains on one interphase, eNom still has the most efficient getaround. I find it a pain to manage my domains on the Netsol interphase with the ease I have with eNom.

In terms of pricing, they charge you for URL forwarding which eNom lets you have for free. This can all add up, let alone the registration price per year issue.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I think if you are refering to customer support, then yes, Netsol is responsive. I hear they farm most of it out to the Phillipines where labor is very cheap. I was watching a Discovery docu the other day, apparently these customer call centers have training where they are taught to speak with an American accent LOL

In terms of managing many domains on one interphase, eNom still has the most efficient getaround. I find it a pain to manage my domains on the Netsol interphase with the ease I have with eNom.

In terms of pricing, they charge you for URL forwarding which eNom lets you have for free. This can all add up, let alone the registration price per year issue.

I agree with everything you said here except about the farming out of the customer service. The VIP service has always been answered by a US person for me and not a fer en ner. I get immediate response by toll free call (24 hours a day) and emailed within a few minutes with auth code requests or changes etc. I like that a lot. I could buy a ton of names for all the times I've had to pay for the calls to reseller services at Enom. If time is money and you like answers, Netsol is the best. By the way, I hated them before their sale from Verislime. Not the same company now. Kinda like Afternics change. It's also easy to switch name servers to free services and get around the url forwarding charges. Like I said, if they dropped their prices down to current market levels they'd take off.
Doc

M

mole

Stocdoctor said:
The VIP service has always been answered by a US person for me and not a fer en ner.

How did you get into the VIP service side of things, doc?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
... apparently these customer call centers have training where they are taught to speak with an American accent LOL
Even though I'm trained to understand English of different accents, I still don't understand why big companies would hire people with REALLY strong foreign accents for frontline customer service. They should have been placed where their strength lies, e.g. in the engineering departments. Just imagine when a Chinese (either from Hong Kong or as new immigrant in the States) with limited spoken English calls and talks to someone with a heavy South Asian accent; how are they going to communicate with each other?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
How did you get into the VIP service side of things, doc?

I was wondering the same thing. Actually they called and emailed and wrote letters and called and emailed and called and sent more letters. I finally said ok. No big deal, I think they just offer it to anyone with a few names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom