Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNF$ value down from .016 to .005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed that within the last year or so, the value of the DNF$ went from .014 or .016 cents per 1 DNF$, all the way down to .005 cents per DNF$.

I think its time to think about how we can improve this.

Its possible that there shouldnt be so many DNF$ given away per post. Even for exclusive members. 2 DNF$ per post is plenty for exclusive, if platinum members were to get 1, and gold were to get 0.

Interest should not be made by putting DNF$ in the bank, unless of course the bank actual uses the DNF people deposit to profit.

Wouldnt is be great to see this turn around? See the DNF$ actually have value again? We arnt playing the blame game here, offer suggestions if you would.

Upvote 0
T

tekz999

I am in this forum for 3 years, and the rate has always been 0.005.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

click55

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am in this forum for 3 years, and the rate has always been 0.005.

Agreed
sometimes even a bit lower
Also agree with Ashaw, at this point I dont think DNForum needs to have ppl posting only to earn a bunch of DNF$ anymore, the forum is big and qualified enough for pro and beginners already.
usually to offer 3 or 4 free xxx$ per post its a good move just for starting a new forum site and to get new members.......

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really? I could have sworn the exchange rate was much higher when I first joined. I appoligize for that. I guess my figures totally deminish my credibility. Regardless, why is the exchange rate so low? The way I see it, as many do; this is THE largest domain forum on the internet. Compaired to other(less developed) forums, we have a very low exchange rate. Arnt there ways to increase the value of the DNF$? Create a more secure "economy" for them?

click55

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Arnt their ways to increase the value of them?

well I think the low dnf$ value seems to be just a prob for Adam, if somebody wants upgrade or get some of the offered services its cheaper to buy dnf$ privately than from the bank.....
users to users we usually compensate it (i.e. its very frequent to see in the dnf$ forum domains offered for 10 US$ or 2k dnf$)
also this doesnt mean that the forum economy is bad... it balances itself
inflaction, if its under control, is part of every economic system

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw,

You raise some good points, the only way to raise the economy besides lowering the f$ given at post would be to raise the amount of f$ required to upgrade and to raise the price the bank sells them for.

-=DCG=-

click55

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw,

You raise some good points, the only way to raise the economy besides lowering the f$ given at post would be to raise the amount of f$ required to upgrade and to raise the price the bank sells them for.

-=DCG=-

maybe also offering a wider choice of attractive services could help
if the market doesnt absorb the money usually the money value lowers down

to raise the amount of f$ required to upgrade and to raise the price the bank sells them for.
-=DCG=-
personally I prefer this option, but you will also have to raise up all the paid services

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I feel that the amount of F$ that is received per post, is one of THE biggest influences on the low exchange rate. Im not exactly sure on the specifics, but lets say exclusive members receive 4 DNF$ per post, which is correct; while platinum members receive 2 DNF$ per post, and gold members receive 1 DNF$ per post. With each person that upgrades to exlusive, we are seeing more and more DNF$ floating around. With the ratio of 4/2 or even 4/1, the DNF$ are increasing by 50 and 75% to members that join as exclusive members. That is sure to bring the value of the DNF$ way down. Im not quite sure if gold members receive DNF$ per post right now, and in no way am I meaning to belittle them because Im not, but upgrading to platinum or even exclusive should show the benifits. Gold members should not receive DNF$ for posting. Platinum members should receive 1 DNF$ per post, and Exclusive members should receive 2 DNF$ per post at the very most. Some may disagree, but in the long run; everyone will reep the benifits. Also, as of right now, depositing F$ into the bank will gain you interest on your DNF$. To me, interest on F$ is like giving away F$, it only populates the F$ pool more. I am in NO way trying to bash this forum, as Ive said before. This is THE lt domain forum on the internet, I just feel like with a little change, we will see a big difference in the way this system works.

click55

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
upgrading to platinum or even exclusive should show the benifits. Gold members should not receive DNF$ for posting. Platinum members should receive 1 DNF$ per post, and Exclusive members should receive 2 DNF$ per post at the very most.

i didnt upgrade to exclusive for the 4 dnf$ :angel_smile:
the way to incentivate ppl to upgrade is offering more qualified services for each level, the higher you are the more you get....
anyways I think there are already so many dnf$ around into users bank accts at the moment that I cant even imagine
another road is to split the services, some you can get using dnf$, some other you have to pay with real money

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom