Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

dnfauction script bug (or hacking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had an auction listed with a reserve, that upon the end of the auction is gone. I don't know if it's a script bug, hacking, or something else. It does concern me and will probably concern the buyer who was informed he won. Since I have proof of the proper listing, I will not honor the apparent sale. I would like to hear how this could happen.

Here is the listing confirmation email:
Dear Adoptabledomains

This note is to confirm your new listing at DNFAuctions.com
Title: Masts.org (Item #: 1055126553)
Category:
Your Email: [email protected]
Starting Bid: $1.00
Increment: $1.00
Reserve: $40.00
Buy-It-Now Price: $200.00

Description:
<h1>Masts.org</h1> Very nice relevant and short domain for anyone interested in sailing, ships, or shipwrecks.

Image URL:

View Your Item At:
http://www.dnfauctions.com/auction/auction/auction.cgi?category=domains1&item=1055126553

Thanks for choosing DNFAuctions.com

Here is the auction ended with the reserve missing:
http://www.dnfauctions.com/phpauction/item.php?id=24a2fad790002a00f05f1c350ae1fe6b

Upvote 0

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I made a post the other day about the same thing happening to my auction. It looks like they switched the auction script over and when they transferred the data it stripped the reserve prices and changed the start/close times also.

Never did see a response or apology from management. It was very difficult to have to tell the winning bidder that he had not in fact won the auction.

That may explain the dramatic drop in auctions on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom