Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

dnfauctions.com..........looking pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
If you haven't seen it yet, go to dnfauctions.com and check out the new DNF auction site. Pretty basic at the moment, but I don't mind at all - plenty of time for improvements!

Great work DCG and nhlrat!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK, well

I like the site but,

The CC form is NOT HTTPS. how can people type in thier credit card to a non secure form? Isnt this illegal?
And I dont like having to log in every to pages..
Cookies are needed (login cookies).

Otherwise, i like the free $240 per day thing.

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
One major problem I do have with it is that email addresses are accessible by spiders. Click on any sale and you can then click another contact link (which contains the seller's email address) and this takes you to a page where the seller's email address is part of the mail form code - easily harvested!

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just received an " Out Bid " email notice, I clicked on the link which was included in the email to make another bid and got a " 404 not found " error page.

Mike

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tigga
One major problem I do have with it is that email addresses are accessible by spiders. Click on any sale and you can then click another contact link (which contains the seller's email address) and this takes you to a page where the seller's email address is part of the mail form code - easily harvested!

That needs addressing URGENTLY - I hope that nhlrat is checking this out or one of the Mods will let him know.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the design looks very unprofessional and the color combo makes me feal like I am at the circus. I love the concept but the design needs a major overhaul.

S

Sammy

Originally posted by jh3
I think the design looks very unprofessional and the color combo makes me feal like I am at the circus.

Yes, the popcorn vendors will be here shortly!!!! :D

Honestly, that was my first remark as well toward the site, but we have put the redesign off a bit to get the issues fixed first. ;)

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess functionality is more important. :)

I know one of our very own, timechange is very good with the design work and his prices look pretty resonable.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by shortcutgramp
GREAT IDEA !!!!!

I agree :razz:

dotNames

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You launched a bit too fast the site.
I don't know if it is due to the partnership i proposed but the things are there.
Agree with you, the design is a point but urgently is to fix the bugs.
I mean for legal issue.
I don't know how it works in north America but here in Europe (for example in France or in Germany), your site would be certainly already closed. It is highly risky to play with user's informations such as email adress or worst: Credit card number. As i don't know if you were well informed of that i also would like to point out something. It is badly illegal to record CVV2 number in a database. For all that reason we are only using PayPal.
Anyway, i wish you good luck with your project, i am sure there is a place for everybody. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom