Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNFAuctions Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Wade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would recommend getting rid of the ebooks and software categories. Keep the site focused.

I would also recommend creating sub-categories under websites and domains. They could be as simple as .com, .net, etc, or break it down into some other classifications.

I would really enjoy it if there was an adult sub category and items from that category were not allowed on the front page and not seen unless you go into that category. I personally do not want my kids seeing names such as that on my computer screen..

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Matt :) Some good suggestions there.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I fully agree with the categories by TLD, and maybe combine ccTLD's in one category except high volume ones like .us, .uk, and ,ca.

I'd suggest a category for "domain collections" as well for bulk selloffs, or like pairs in multiple TLD's like domain.com/info/net/org

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having entered a number of auctions yesterday (and already gotten a couple of good bids) let me first say that the new Ebay-style DNF Auction is an exceptional piece of work with tremendous potential to become the dominant domains sales outlet on the internet. Kudos to DCG, NHLRat and everyone else who put this together (also a special thanks to NHLRat for the excellent customer service when I created a problem through my own error that he quickly fixed for me).

I only have 2 suggestions that might improve it. I think there are too many different "attention getter" animated icons. The results when several are on the page is a distraction rather than an attention grabber. I think they would be much more effective if a single one were chosen (maybe whichever one people are selecting the most now). It would make the page look much cleaner and would draw attention to those items with the attention getter.

Next, in listing I would frequently accidentally leave a required field unfilled, then when I hit submit and got an error message I would have to hit the back button of the browser and ALL of the entered data would be lost, so I would have to start over again. Any way to make the filled in fields "sticky" so they would remain if you have to go back?

Thanks again for this great addition to the domain sellers' arsenal. I'm really excited about it.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just one little suggestion. Can we get rid of the blinking avatars, icons and art crap or whatever that stuff is that the sellers use to try to draw attention to their names? If the name is any good at all it will stand on its own without the hype. Gives me a headache and will definately shorten the attention span of serious buyers. What is that, a cartoon show or a serious auction? I want to use it, but do I want to put some premium names along such mickey mouse crap. Doc

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes get rid of that flapping bird...

sectionise would be great, a great start anyway..

wilco

WAHAYWHAY my 2000 post.......:eek:

Gumby

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the site just got updated, looks excellent!
nice one wilco :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stocdoctor
Just one little suggestion. Can we get rid of the blinking avatars, icons and art crap or whatever that stuff is that the sellers use to try to draw attention to their names? If the name is any good at all it will stand on its own without the hype. Gives me a headache and will definately shorten the attention span of serious buyers. What is that, a cartoon show or a serious auction? I want to use it, but do I want to put some premium names along such mickey mouse crap. Doc

That's kind of what I said (but I think I said it in a more diplomatic way. :D)

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Complaints about animated gif's coming from those with animated avatars????

How ironic.

I do agree though.

;)

danield

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it looks sweet now.

i agree with the ditching of the ebook ect categories, and adding .net, .org cats

other than that good job.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

That's kind of what I said (but I think I said it in a more diplomatic way. :D)

Yes you did Duke as usual. I guess I'm trying to cut thru the ---- and let it be known in no uncertain terms that all those flashing icons are a complete turn off for me and I would think a few other people. I really want that auction to work. As for the avatars on the forum here, I like those, but there aren't a ton of them one after the other. They do get spaced out and therefor reflect on the personalities of their owners. ;) Doc

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree to get rid of the flying birds, etc.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the email that we get once our auctions end or have placed bids, the link has '/auction' twice, thus preventing us from clicking on and getting to the auction. If you remove once '/auction' then everything will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom