Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DNForum Auction System sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look at the stupid auctions in there now. Looks like eBay. Why can't we have the old auction system back? Anyone agree? I'm not auctioning domains on DNF because I won't put them in this new format auction :veryangry

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well is it the auction format? Or is it rather the fault of members listing unreal names/prices?
You can still sell in "Fixed Price/Offers" inviting "offers from $xxx" for example.
Another point is that if you list a good name and then direct member to it with a post you are going to get a good sale - there is always a buyer for a good name irrespective of venue.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
Look at the stupid auctions in there now. Looks like eBay. Why can't we have the old auction system back? Anyone agree? I'm not auctioning domains on DNF because I won't put them in this new format auction :veryangry
This is what I would call RUDE. If you THINK something here is not good enough FOR YOU, you are most welcome to voice your feedback AND make some useful and constructive suggestions. That's why we have Suggestions and Feedback. You don't just shout around. Do people really talk like that these days? :REALLY confused:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree the current forum auction system is pretty brutal, but there has to be a nicer, more respectful way of saying it....

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ya use area 51, you get tonnes of responses in there.

Sub

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agreed, it can be improved... But there are worse things on the internet.

And I am sure it will be improved, as its just been implemented. In programming terms, this is what you call version 1. It will evolve with time.

Look at the difference between vB1 and vB3 for example.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't get the hump Mods. Sometimes it 'gets hot in the kitchen'. and if you regard by post as "rude" then you're being childish IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.

Look, I know I'm not the only one who agrees that the change in the auction system sucks! Do a poll if you don't agree, but if you're a Mod, don't confuse criticism with rudeness.

Also, this is aupposed to be a 'lounge'. What's wrong with posting these comments here?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
... don't confuse criticism with rudeness.
EXACTLY!

It's REALLY SAD that some people now don't understand what is rudeness. Like I said, when you talk like that ALL THE TIME, you just THINK it's normal. When you SHOUT at someone in public that his STUPID work SUCKS, and you think you're doing him a favor? Oh ... come ON, how are we going to teach our children from now on?? :shock:

Me? I will teach my kids to either: a) walk away and never go back, if you think that guy really sucks and doesn't seem to be listening to (AGAIN) useful and constructive criticism at all; or b) present an well-thought of and organized suggestion elaborated with examples and reasons (based on well done research of course and not implusive utterances of one or two liners).

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you completely. Should anyone "SHOUT at someone in public that his STUPID work SUCKS" they will be forewarned.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One big problem I have found is you cant contact the bidder if the auction finished under reserve, ie it doesnt show who bid after the auction

Maybe they fixed this

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:

Would I be right in thinking the above comment relates to one seller?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@JOhnGBUK: Good guess and it's my belief that the trend will continue over time.

@BlazeD: Also, I've seen serveral 'Buy it Now's with no BIN price...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom