Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNForum.com moved to Datapipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am sad... I don't post much for awhile, come back and gregr no longer has the happy dancing banana. :cry: I miss it.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey there jalapeno

You'll be happy to hear that I found the little guy out wondering the streets looking sad and dejected.

I've given the guy refuge and a couple martinis and he's as happy as you can see over on the left. He says he's glad to be back, wants to say hi to all his old friends and will be showing up here regularly. Doc

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No I didn't steal him, but I don't want to tell anyone where I found the little guy.

It's personal and he says he'd rather keep it in the closet.

Oh and thanks to Namepopper for helping me carry the little guy in.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it free to change avatars, once one has bought one? Or, do you get charged again? (does the same apply to glow, etc?)

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greg what was the reason for the change?

I ask as i just moved my sites to rackshack, and now you are moving away from them after only about a month.

Ciq.

p.s. if you search the lounge for my superman...in bananaman...out thread you will all see what the dancing banana was doing after gregs rebuff.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rackshack service is lousy. I decided access to my sites was vital and the extra dollars spent was worth it. After all, I derive 100% of my income from the internet. I have left and went back to Datapipe 3 times now. I have always been happy with their service. I like the fact that I can talk to a live person 24/7 and I get somone that knows what they're doing, usually within 60 seconds. An example: I was setting up my 2 servers this past weekend when I discovered the connection between the 2 servers was not working. At 1:00AM in the morning they changed one of the servers out in 15 minutes.

I also worked out a deal to offer discount Datapipe hosting to all the members of DNForum.com. I'll have more details in a week or two.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh thank goodness... stocdoctor has taken in the poor homeless banana. I hated to think of him wandering the streets, naive, yellow and alone. :)

trickjohn

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They have good pricing, very good support, and tons of features.

I've been using them for several years, and never had many problems.

DialtoneInternet

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Gregr: can you please be more specific about rackshacks lousy service? What exactly went wrong? Im about to get a server or two with them, and would realy appreciate your comment..

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They're fine if you have a site that's not mission critical.
Their service is lousy. You can't speak to a technician. The operator you speak to on the phone can't even speak to a technician. Some problems that crop up require that direct connection. Solving a complex problem via email can take days rather than one phone call.

The server configuration I have now, a web server with a direct connection via ethernet to a database server, is not possible with Rackshack. They have zero flexibility and seemed to enjoy telling me no. :sad:

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And imagine your box amongst almost 10K servers.
With the bandwidth. :D

Their price is the best. :D

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
They're fine if you have a site that's not mission critical.
Their service is lousy. You can't speak to a technician. The operator you speak to on the phone can't even speak to a technician. Some problems that crop up require that direct connection. Solving a complex problem via email can take days rather than one phone call.

The server configuration I have now, a web server with a direct connection via ethernet to a database server, is not possible with Rackshack. They have zero flexibility and seemed to enjoy telling me no. :sad:
Thanks. Im sorry to hear that, though thats prety much what Ive expected. Afterall, they are cheap and servers are unmanaged.. One thing though, have you tried contacting their technicians through IRC? They have live support set up that way as far as I understand. I even joined their chan few times to ask some things, and saw other people talking to them about their issues. Have you tried that?

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .com.net.org
And imagine your box amongst almost 10K servers.
With the bandwidth. :D

Their price is the best. :D
Your point? ;) Im not sure what you are trying to say. In your oppinion they suck, but price is good? Or you like them and just saying they have many clients?

S

sheepster

Been using RackShack for a year now with few problems. Your right, their service absolutely sucks, and don't use their DNS servers either. I've been lucky and havent had to call them often... Do wish they didn't use that crappy cogent pipe.

trent2275

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
someone PM me with the datapipe deal when details are available, i am thinking of using them for my forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom