Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

dnforum privacy policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RE: http://dnforum.com/privacy.php

i;m particularly intrigued by this line:

'Under no circumstances DNForum.com will not sell your personal information or user database to outside companies.'

and now, let's read it again:

'Under no circumstances DNForum.com will not sell your personal information or user database to outside companies.'

can somebody explain this to me in plain english? is it just me, or is there some tricky wording in play there?

thx.

Upvote 0

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Literal meaning, "DNForum will always definitely, sell your personal information".

Actual meaning allowing for erroneous use of the English language, "DNForum will never sell your personal information".

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Literal meaning, "DNForum will always definitely, sell your personal information".

Actual meaning allowing for erroneous use of the English language, "DNForum will never sell your personal information".

o.k., but can that literal meaning be publicly changed in order to reflect the actual meaning, so that we all know where we stand? you know, 2 avoid any further confusion.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that the Admin staff will take your concern on board - in the meantime I will give them 500 lines, (old form of punishment in UK schools - pupil to write such as "I must not talk in class", 500 times after school and before going home).

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
in the meantime I will give them 500 lines, (old form of punishment in UK schools - pupil to write such as "I must not talk in class", 500 times after school and before going home).
As a former school teacher, I must say that it will be more constructive to copy "'Under no circumstances would DNForum.com sell your personal information or user database to outside companies" for 50 times. ;)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Indeed! - However the example was for illustrative purposes only. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom