Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNForum

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Over the past couple of years Dnforum has gone through many hands along with many changes. I currently think the forum is taking a turn for the worst and trying to many new things all at once. (slow down)

Change is good dont get me wrong, but when running a forum the members come first and i feel that nobody has been listening to there cries over the months.

To be honest there is no real need for all the other forum headings which have been added as it will only detract users from the other threads and make it look less busy, you can only spread a forum so far!

It seems to me that most of these ideas revolve around getting more money out the members - At the end of the day the members created this forum, dont forget they can brake it!

Listen to what members are saying in these threads because one day you could wake up and wonder where it all went wrong.

Dont try and fix something if its not broken.........

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We aren't fixing anything, we are improving on an already great product. If you don't keep improving you will just get left behind. Peoples ideas and or cries as you put it are being taken into consideration as we try to improve this forum. Hang in there and you will see things are going to get a whole lot better.

Jason E. Hopkins

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with the new stuff that's being added; I especially like the broker section; however, I DO think there are too many sections & at the risk of sounding hipocritical, where did the "Misc" section go?

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm, thats a good question cyphix. I think maybe it was renamed but then again could have been removed all together. I will ask and see what's up.

Thanks.
Jason E. Hopkins

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
having recently upgarded to Platinum myself, and started feeling that little more special etc, then

i see yet another level above me :(

however after seeing what will be available to that level, i think it is definitelty worth having.

although the forum looks very busy at the moment, im presuming they are all only viewable to me due to the platinum status.

would it be correct to say that visitors and lower levels will not be able to see all the forums on the index ? and hence wont overwhelm any new visitors?

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Too many changes, too fast.

I agree, if it aint broke dont f with it, leave well enough alone. Since new features/changes have been put into place how many Members have left, more then the good old days thats for sure.

If its not one thing its another, it gets very tiring.

Mike

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've spoken to alot of people and they think exclusive membership is a step to far.

Its like getting on a train in 1st Class.

People come before money and membership sales.

And I can play java games on Yahoo.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cyphix, the misc section was merged into the gold lounge.

BG

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just feel that to much is being done at one time, you should brake people in.

Also, an idea would to put "Domains For Sale" back at the top as it's a prime topic.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
cyphix, the misc section was merged into the gold lounge.

Ok; thanks for the info!

As for too many sections; I think all sales that have to do with domains & sites should all go where they used to... Domains for sale (you could rename it if you like) "Domains & Websites For Sale"... domains for sale gets more views so naturally people want to put it in there; plus it stops the board getting clogged up with too many areas.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why worry about how many forums/sections/categories there are?

Simply go to View New Posts 100% of the time and then after scanning new posts click on Mark all Forums Read. Next visit repeat it again.

I have never even looked at the far too numerous complicated forums and categories, let alone clicked on any of them (sorry to dnf advertisers) or read the headers.

Even when the forum was young and relatively uncluttered circa early 2002, I always used view new posts exclusively.

M

mole

Originally posted by Whois-Search
one word Greed

You know full well the price that this place was sold for (read ridiculous slowly and with strained breath), if you were on the other side of the fence, what would have been your motivation? Blame it all on gregr, I say. hmm... I'm repeating myself :laugh:

BG

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All people really come here for is advise, and of course to buy and sell domain names, Lets not detract from the main topics by creating new ones which really dont relate to domain names and deserve to be separate sites/forums away from DN, for e.g. " Find products that can be drop shipped for you" - I can see what your trying to achieve but just remember this is a domain name forum.

It looks like your trying to hard and just creating more work for yourself, whilst making it look messy - There is no need whatsoever for Topics such as " Drops Caught by DNFORUM.COM for sale" These can simply be posted in the "For Sale Section" - Do you see what i mean?

I also totally agree with DotCom - Now seeing other levels above Platinum is really annoying and under handed. I have a feeling it will not go down well with the other members, being one myself.

What will be next "GOD STATUS"

You have some Top domain guys out there thinking exactly the same thing, dont work against them, work with them.

Just take a note and listen, thats all.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree a 100% with Mr. Commerce.uk

This place gets messier every day.

Too many unneccessary sections already.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is an idea. Payback everyone who has paid for membership or something like that. Then allow all new users to read and post. This would attract more buyers and sellers. Then you can also have the exclusive users/forum, which requires users to verify who they really are.

Then you can make your money by advertising on the forum to your users and offering services to them.

RMF

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom