Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DNForums Website Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Bolyard

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been around long enough to see the changes happening here at DNForum. The site is really looking great. I know that DNForum is run on VBulletin, but I'm curious as to all the mods that have been installed here.

I am in the process of coming up with a design for a new forum, and I'm weighing out my options for forum software. As for the mods, my main question is how much of DNForum is "stock" and how much of it is modded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This forum is heavily modded, and even more mods recently, theres arcade, trader rating, membership upgrade services, SEO tools, Mod-Rewrite, Google Ads, country flags, points system, shop, bank, chat, member's blogs, reffer a freind, and others I missed. These are the obvious mods that are widely known. Theres probably a ton of behind the scenes mods for admins and mods, and just usual operation.

Then after all that theres the hand coded stuff like the link exchange, and the navigation panel in home page, and other stuff, that are once again not abvous.

Mark Bolyard

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I must say my favorite modification is the menu on the left side of the main page. Are the above mods free GPL mods, or are they paid mods. Now that I'm getting an idea of what mods are used, I am looking to see what kind of budget I need to buy the VB License and all of the mods.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Felix said:
Yes, I must say my favorite modification is the menu on the left side of the main page. Are the above mods free GPL mods, or are they paid mods. Now that I'm getting an idea of what mods are used, I am looking to see what kind of budget I need to buy the VB License and all of the mods.
I am willing to bet that alot of the mods are custom written for DNforum and that they may not even be found out there in the wild, and its hard to upgrade heavily moded forums, so much coding to replate with every upgrade...

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmkrulz said:
I am willing to bet that alot of the mods are custom written for DNforum and that they may not even be found out there in the wild, and its hard to upgrade heavily moded forums, so much coding to replate with every upgrade...

You are correct, 50% is hand coded by our vbulletin staff that is behind the scenes.

Upgrading is a huge pain as all mods need to be re-written for the new vbulletin 3.5 thats in RC1 now.

You can see it but we have a vesrion 3.5 RC1 running somewhere and we are rewriting the mods to work with it.

-=DCG=-

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When you buy a VB license you can get access to downloads in Vbulletin.org, most of mods I mentioned are available there for free. If you want complete replica of DNForum, other then a license and the free mods, you need a lot of custom programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom