Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNJournal is down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajanancharming

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am trying accessing DNJournal.com but continuously getting the message:
"This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible."

What is the problem with DNJournal?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
LOL but brandsplus is also Duke's site... perhaps he just didn't assign dnjournal enough bandwidth

Certainly seems the most likely to me - popular site and it's the default page for CPanel - hardly likely that a hosting company would leave it at that, but someone with their own server probably might.
With all the bad weather there recently (and more to come apparantly) it's probably the least of Dukes concerns at the moment!

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
LOL but brandsplus is also Duke's site... perhaps he just didn't assign dnjournal enough bandwidth

.. yes I am well aware brandsplus is his. I am assuming Duke is renting hosting space and instead of bumping him up to the next level or sending a over bandwidth notice they simply have a cut off ..

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
Time to find a new host !

EXACTLY! I just learned about this. No late payments or insufficient bandwidth. It turns out some spammer has been sending crap spoofing our email address. The actual sender was: [email protected]. That domain is registered with Enom and I have filed a formal complaint with them. In the meantime, my host, Voxtreme, whom I have always trusted and even recommended, simply shut my sites down with no notice whatsoever!! I could not believe it. Nothing like shooting your best clients first and asking questions later. I have just sent a scathing note to the president of their company demanding they immediately restore the sites. If not, I let them know I will hold them accountable for all losses. In the meantime, I obviously would recommend scratching Voxtreme off any list of hosting companies you are thinking about using.

Looks like they just read my note - dnjournal.com is back up.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
In the meantime, my host, Voxtreme, whom I have always trusted and even recommended, simply shut my sites down with no notice whatsoever!! I could not believe it. Nothing liking shooting your best clients first and asking questions later.
I guess that's that's the drawback hosting your websites with some amateurs who can't even tell the difference between spam and spoof. You need some REAL professionals who truly understand e-mail, and won't cut you off for some silly "reasons".

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you know... this happens frequently enough that someone ought to really come up with a strategy to avoid scenarios like this. Something along the lines of...

1) spam complaint comes in
2) ISP must attempt to contact client using at least two supplied methods client gave them at time of signup
3) if no response in 24 hours, site may be shut down temporarily until contact is made
4) once contact is made, ISP can attempt to determine whether TOS was indeed violated using affadavits, server logs, or whatever other tools are available
5) abuse of this system carries penalties for the ISP

That would really make the system much fairer, and the ISP that implements it would probably be very successful with it.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There certainly has to be a better way to handle this than Voxtreme does. You have already been victimized by someone pretending to be you, then your hosting company without warning walks up behind you and puts a bullet in your head. Its like a bank being robbed and the cops show up and start shooting the tellers and the bank president. I think Nameslave has it right in his post.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah Duke, I was trying to access it too... But I also tryed to access DNBidder.com and kept getting the similar error, and now it is just "Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

I was told that DNBidder's owner was trying to sell my Deleted.com for 15K to an Indian friend of mine... The question is why? I don't know him. And I had one offer a while back that was twice that amount!

Here is the old error page I got for DNBidder
http://edailyauctions.us/suspended.page

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see voxtreme-matt is a new member. Maybe he will upgrade so he can reply ;)

Glad you are up Duke!!!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
I see voxtreme-matt is a new member. Maybe he will upgrade so he can reply ;)
Glad you are up Duke!!!

Thanks GD. Matt at Voxtreme read the thread and since he hasn't looked at the membership levels yet, sent me an email asking me to place the post below for him:

<Official Voxtreme response>

We received a number of complaints from our upstream that originated from
SpamCop for dnjournal.com. We reviewed these and subsequently suspended
dnjournal.com whilst we investigated these complaints. Dnjournal.com was
subsequently unsuspended after these complaints were found to be false.

Dnjournal.com was not suspended for billing or other disputes. The
suspension occurred due to a mistake on our behalf. We apologize and accept
responsibility for this error. We would also like to point out that we have
been in business for 3 years, have a good reputation and most definitely are
not amatuers as indicated by some members of this board.

Should anyone wish to discuss this matter further, my personal email is
matt[at]voxtreme.com.

Sincerely,
Matthew Russell
CEO
Voxtreme
</Official Voxtreme response>

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
....Official Voxtreme response>.We received a number of complaints from our upstream that originated from SpamCop for dnjournal.com. We reviewed these and subsequently suspended
subsequently unsuspended after these complaints were found to be false...

www.SpamCop.com can not be trusted to use yourself or rely on if you are an hosting firm or IP. If you go to their site they have a free spam tool where you paste in the email headers and it identifies the IP address of the spam sender and even reports them to a data base as a spammer. Guess what - it does not work too well.

More often that you would believe it identifies innocent YOU as the spam sender because the program gets tricked very easily by a spammer using simple header disguising to pretend you sent the spam by them falsely using your domain and its IP address.

That is why I find it so amazing Duke's hosting firm would rely on SpamCop so heavily and suspend an acct over a SpamCop complaint without any investigation at all. What idiots they all are!

P.S. Unfortunate that Mr. Russell is not able to read this.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
www.SpamCop.com can not be trusted to use yourself or rely on if you are an hosting firm or IP. If you go to their site they have a free spam tool where you paste in the email headers and it identifies the IP address of the spam sender and even reports them to a data base as a spammer. Guess what - it does not work too well.

Voxtreme (and I) certainly learned that the hard way! That reminds me, I wanted to thank RealNames for calling and offering to host my sites at no charge on his colocated dedicated server if I needed to move them quickly. I have now cooled down a bit and once a company takes responsibility for their mistakes (which very few will do) I stop beating them on the head (as we all make mistakes). I hope they learned from this one.

When it comes to live websites, the obvious problem with suspending someone while you investigate is the same reason there is a problem with executing someone then taking a look around to see if they actually committed a crime. That is obviously ass backwards. Make damn sure someone is guilty before you pull the lever on the electric chair. Matt assured me this would not happen again. Since I have been with them almost since they started and never had a problem before with support or uptime, I am inclined to give them another chance. Hopefully it won't be a case of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

If one did switch companies, are there companies out there that will tell you up front they will not pull something like this based on a bogus spam complaint?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
, I wanted to thank RealNames for calling and offering to host my sites at no charge on his colocated dedicated server if I needed to move them quickly.
Wow, nice Realnames!

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
Thanks GD. Matt at Voxtreme read the thread and since he hasn't looked at the membership levels yet, sent me an email asking me to place the post below for him:

<Official Voxtreme response>

We received a number of complaints from our upstream that originated from
SpamCop for dnjournal.com. We reviewed these and subsequently suspended
subsequently unsuspended after these complaints were found to be false.

Dnjournal.com was not suspended for billing or other disputes. The
suspension occurred due to a mistake on our behalf. We apologize and accept
responsibility for this error. We would also like to point out that we have
been in business for 3 years, have a good reputation and most definitely are
not amatuers as indicated by some members of this board.

Should anyone wish to discuss this matter further, my personal email is
matt[at]voxtreme.com.

Sincerely,
Matthew Russell
CEO
Voxtreme
</Official Voxtreme response>

Duke --

Please send this message to Matthew Russell for me:

Matt, you are a complete and utter idiot. Spamcop should NEVER be used as a basis to cause your client financial damage, as you have done to DN Journal. Spamcop is widely known to contain MOSTLY false allegations; I learned this the hard way, after my own ISP also caused me financial damage based on obviously false allegations of spam from Spamcop. In my case, my domain was not only clearly forged (the originating IP was not mine, and the site advertised was not mine), but the domain name WAS NOT EVEN SPELLED CORRECTLY! That's the level of quality of Spamcop's data. My ISP no longer uses Spamcop for this reason. Only amateurs in the business are still ignorant of this.

What's your excuse, Matt? Are you agreeing to fully compensate DNJournal for it's losses? Will agree to promise an extra $1000 in compensation to your clients as a guarantee that you will never act with this level STUPIDITY in the future?

- - - - - - - -

Duke said:
When it comes to live websites, the obvious problem with suspending someone while you investigate is the same reason there is a problem with executing someone then taking a look around to see if they actually committed a crime. That is obviously ass backwards. Make damn sure someone is guilty before you pull the lever on the electric chair. Matt assured me this would not happen again.

Duke -

If this EVER happens again, post it here and we'll have a few dozen people file dozens of spam complaints with SpamCop. We'll see how THEY deal with their online business taken offline.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
When it comes to live websites, the obvious problem with suspending someone while you investigate is the same reason there is a problem with executing someone then taking a look around to see if they actually committed a crime. That is obviously ass backwards. Make damn sure someone is guilty before you pull the lever on the electric chair.
EXACTLY! People who do that usually don't care about your business, to say the least.

Duke said:
If one did switch companies, are there companies out there that will tell you up front they will not pull something like this based on a bogus spam complaint?
I have been using DreamHost for the past 5 years, after a similar experience like yours with WebCom, who deleted my hosting account with them because of some "spam" complaints which could easily be identified as false. The thing I like about DreamHost is that these guys are more geeks than businessmen, and they know and love servers, pogramming, etc.

P.S. They even let me (upon asking) use DreamRegistrar.com, once owned by them and used as a brand, but let expired (probably by accident). So you can tell that they are very domainer-friendly. ;)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
I have been using DreamHost for the past 5 years, after a similar experience like yours with WebCom, who deleted my hosting account with them because of some "spam" complaints which could easily be identified as false. The thing I like about DreamHost is that these guys are more geeks than businessmen, and they know and love servers, pogramming, etc.

P.S. They even let me (upon asking) use DreamRegistrar.com, once owned by them and used as a brand, but let expired (probably by accident). So you can tell that they are very domainer-friendly. ;)

That's a good endorsement. I will check them out and add them to my contact file. I may need some geeks I can count on! :)

JuniperPark said:
Please send this message to Matthew Russell for me

Message sent. I won't be adding Spamcop to contact file. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom