Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DNJournal latest sales - April 24th 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

hypertext

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was in the bidding for SumterCounty.com. Then my research indicated that the region was not very affluent and the resale to an end-user (my target market) would be difficult. At >$6500, I think it was a very aggressive price to pay.

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
krw.com $5,900

very cheap imho

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's funny that generics are a hard sell in this market and there is all crap reported this week....

msl

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's funny that generics are a hard sell in this market and there is all crap reported this week....

good point... god forbid if they increase the length of TLD's from 63 to 136!!! where will it all end... single / double generics are still the driving force of the web, yet the rubbish multi tailed 9 worder junk that is making $XX,XXX for no reason... still sells :?:

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link Andrew, always cool to see the latest dnjournal reports :D

Lots of crap indeed. Also a bunch of high value LLLL.com sales.
LLL.com seem pretty liquid now.

The quality is going down and prices up, interesting...
Hm should we go reg a bunch of crappy domains and list them on AfternicDLS

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Castello Brothers, who seldom sell domains, made their first chart appearance after deciding to let #17 JupiterIslandRealEstate.com go for $17,500. Jupiter Island is a wealthy enclave off Florida's Atlantic Coast, close to where Michael and David Castello of the Castello Cities Internet Network grew up in Boynton Beach.

Wow, It's a city of like 650 people and 4 words domain?! :confused:
Pretty cool sale there. A good example of how local names are valuable

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
really doesnt matter much how crappy anyone thinks names are. if they are selling, and getting decent prices, then more power to those who regged them, and got their little reg fee appraisals when they did.

domains are bought by people. all sorts of people. people who have different needs for different things. one should not discount those who are not out to pay xxx,xxx for a generic, as there are plenty of those people obviously.

neiman marcus caters to the elite- walmart caters to the masses- both are happy i am sure.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
really doesnt matter much how crappy anyone thinks names are. if they are selling, and getting decent prices, then more power to those who regged them, and got their little reg fee appraisals when they did.

domains are bought by people. all sorts of people. people who have different needs for different things. one should not discount those who are not out to pay xxx,xxx for a generic, as there are plenty of those people obviously.

neiman marcus caters to the elite- walmart caters to the masses- both are happy i am sure.

Yes...we know, though they are still crap.

TooManyDomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What if someone types JupiterIslandRealEstate.com into their browser and buys this 65 million dollar home through it, then what's junk???

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:JfpyniDTSxsJ:www.corcoran.com/property/listing.aspx%3FRegion%3DFL%26listingid%3D3711+jupiter+island+real+estate&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=us&client=firefox-a

.com's have that power. JuniperIsland.info or JuniperIsland.org doesn't

Population means little. This resident could have net worth of 100,000 in an Alabama town.

Tiger Woods has a $38 million property on the island too :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highes...00_highest-income_places_in_the_United_States

Last edited:

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just remember justin- crap can start off as junk: undesirable matter, then turn out to be invaluable- just look at penicillin :idea:

you just never know

LoneWolf

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blu-Ray.net, a hyphenated .net for 20k, wow :D

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, It's a city of like 650 people and 4 words domain?! :confused:
Pretty cool sale there. A good example of how local names are valuable

JupiterIslandRealEstate.com?
the name is PARKED(.com) now

quite strange

wonder when I sell SFestate.com
but it's probably too short :worried:

hypertext

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blu-Ray.net is an obvious TM name. I trust that the new holder is a licensee of the mark from the TM holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom