Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DNS Vs Redirect Vs Cname

Status
Not open for further replies.

iboughta.com

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Well before posting this...I've searched the current forum for what I thought was a very common question...but to my surprise...I could not find the answer.

Could Donny or anyone tell me what are the advantages / disadvantages of using:

DNS Server - URL Redirect (manual and autodetect) - Cname.

My main concerns being the search engine behavior regarding the different methods.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I 99.999999% of the time recommend DNS based which is either nameserver, ip, or cname. With redirection there is always the chance that somebody has frames turned off or something else could happen. Plus the search engines like DNS much better than frames.

Donny

iboughta.com

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I 99.999999% of the time recommend DNS based which is either nameserver, ip, or cname. With redirection there is always the chance that somebody has frames turned off or something else could happen. Plus the search engines like DNS much better than frames.

Donny

Thanks for your reply.

I've been using the redirection (manual) since I had the account with parked.

I will give a go on a few domains with the dns then. But I must admit that I am skeptical on the reaction of GGL when they see: sedoparking or parked in the name servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom