Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do Do the search engines control all the verticals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PalmBeach

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoogleCars.com, GoogleRealestate.com, GoogleDoctors.com etc. Does Google, Yahoo, MSN, have control of every Micro market with their prefix?
[FONT=&quot]Ore is it in public domain... the same way it is for the search engines to list your domain?[/FONT]

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They control the micro market because those urls are confusingly similiar to their tradmarks and names.

But remember, I am not a lawyer.

PalmBeach

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If they can list yours domain why cant you list their domain?

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you don't want your domain indexed by google you can get it de-listed very easily.

as far as I know, google doesn't mind if you include them in an index of web pages / services.

using their trademark to attract and potentially mislead consumers is a different story.

there are plenty of old posts about related questions to read here.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google is right in the middle of a worldwide transition to verticalisation... For their paid search at least.

Their new verticals are:

Auto, Travel, Directories, blah blah..

I had a meeting with the head of Google Australia the other day about this because we run the biggest SEM campaigns in this region..

For paid search at least.. its a big step forward.

I know this was a big off topic.. however given the Google and Vertical discussion.. i couldnt resist haha

PalmBeach

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
typeins....interesting

a hypothetical question to all of you and to your associate "the head of Google Australia".

Lets say I own GoogleGolf.com. I build a site around it and populate it with links that I copy from Google that I feel are relevant. Then I sell AdSense , Apparel, Vacations, Cars and jewelry in the gutter. Do you think Google would have a problem with that? I have heard that they allow some url's to contain Google in the Domain name.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you are registering TMed domains for commercial gain and in the process possibly misleading the public?

Intent plays a big part in UDRPs, and this one seems pretty easy.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh boy... the Googly Bear from Namepros has escaped and is on the loose...

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What does verticals mean?
I probably spend too much time in the horizontal , or I would know the answer

Serioulsy I got no idea what vertical means re google

yingyang

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have me confused???

Are you asking is it ok to register a domain name with the word google in it, or are you asking is it ok to list google url`s on your site???

Its not ok to register domains with the word google in it, its a clear tm violation, that could get other sites owned by you flagged if they put 2 and 2 together....you have no clear arguement why your using the word google in the domain.....other than to profit from there tm.

If your asking can you list there urls on your site from what i gather from your second post, I cant see why they would mind, your delivering traffic to them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom