Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do Flippa "watchers" tend to bid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have an active auction with 96 views and 13 watchers buy only 3 people have actually bid. Is this normal? Do they tend to wait until the last couple of days? I'm also just sort of the "most active" front page. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen with most auction platforms most bidding happens in the last few minutes (if there are going to be bids).

That's very disconcerting. Thanks for the input!

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I once was in a drop auction and 5 minutes before the auction ended the highest bid was about $300. The domain was sold for $1800. I've seen another where there were no bids 5 minutes before the end but it still went for $700. More bids brings more attention to it and may drive up the price.

Also, don't forget this is an industry where people will flock to buy something and drive the price up just because someone else wants it. If others see multiple bids on a domain then they'll think it has value and bid even more - causing the price to go up. So, they sit back and watch and bid at the last minute.

You have actual bids now so it will sell (unless you have a reserve that hasn't been met).

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I once was in a drop auction and 5 minutes before the auction ended the highest bid was about $300. The domain was sold for $1800. I've seen another where there were no bids 5 minutes before the end but it still went for $700. More bids brings more attention to it and may drive up the price.

Also, don't forget this is an industry where people will flock to buy something and drive the price up just because someone else wants it. If others see multiple bids on a domain then they'll think it has value and bid even more - causing the price to go up. So, they sit back and watch and bid at the last minute.

You have actual bids now so it will sell (unless you have a reserve that hasn't been met).

There's no reserve.

I just want to see 5-10 more bids within a week. That would be enough to get me a solid position on the most active page. I plan on purchasing a featured listing in the last 12-24 hours to help increase demand. This is my first auction so I'm a little nervous. Again, thanks for the comment.

:smilewinkgrin:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can promote your Flippa auction directly to parties that might have interest. Here's how.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You're welcome. I've repeated the same method regardless of venue. While I don't use Sedo any more for sales, the method will increase competition among parties that have an interest in a domain. You can use it on Flippa, NameJet, GoDaddy - heck, even on Sedo :p

monnwalker

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A while back I had a network of websites on Flippa with 12 people watching and only 1 bid in the end. Not sure if it was based on the closing time of the auction, or if those watching were just interested to see what the sites sold for.

Seems like it's circumstantial. I know when I'm on eBay I'll watch a bunch of different items, but only bid on maybe 1 or 2.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, MoonWalker. I just have an unusually high watch rate (over 10%). I'm hoping that means people see value. :D

dxbart

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sometimes I have 60 watchers and up ... at the last moment they start bidding because they don't want the price get higher ! even me I do the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom