Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do hyphenated names do well when parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 73132

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I remember when hyphenated names could really index well with websites. If I had a bunch of hyphenated names parked , e.g, fast-cars.com and "fast cars" had 10K monthly exact searches would those domains do well or would the hits only be when someone types in "fast-cars.com" literally with them hyphen. Anyone who knows about the hyphen pros and cons please help
thx
jeff

Deleted member 73132

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rob.. that was my gut feeling.. Are they still good then for developing on with the keywords and hyphens?

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surely some parking company is still getting sites indexed. Parked used to kill it back in the day.

I'm seeing more adwords arbitrage again now on domains like these - hyphenated products - best-green-widgets.com for example, people are running full ecommerce sites with parking datafeeds. Adwords lands you on a datafeed page but the rest of the site looks like a legit ecommerce site - accept when you go to checkout, nothing can be bought. I assume this is how they're bypassing adwords quality score issues.

Clever.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parking relies on type-in, so I would not expect a lot of traffic to a hyphenated domain as a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom