Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do i get email with a domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shergold

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a domain from GoDaddy. I was wondering if i purchased this domain would i be able to create my own email address? I'm not sure as when i go to checout it promps me if i want to buy email but it says i get email with it. I am just confused and hope i can get some help from someone with more knowledge then me.

Also is it better using you own domain name rather than using a free, yahoo or gmail ect. And are their any differences.

Thanks for any help ;)
Shergold.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can get email using your domain name at GoDaddy for few $ per month, I think.
Or, you can get cheap hosting acct from most hosting company such as hostigator.
$4.95/month - you can create website and create as many email address as you want.
$7.95/month - same as above, but, you can host as many domains as you want.

Using your own domain is better than free email acct, imho.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You get a free email credit with a domain purchase at Godaddy. When you buy the domain go to "free products". You can upgrade email account but I found that is enough for me.

Yes a "[email protected] is more professional but I have both.

shergold

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is it worth getting one if it is just for signing up to websites and game accounts?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is it worth getting one if it is just for signing up to websites and game accounts?

If you're looking for one that you expect to get a lot of spam for (like your examples) I'll recommend gMail - it has a great spam filter.

But -- I do NOT recommend using it as your registrar contact. I have an email address that only my registrars have for that (it's not even in the WhoIs). This email is based on a domain that I don't even use (the domain itself forwards to another domain).

shergold

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would it be better owning myfirstandlast.com or a gmail account. It only cost 4.77 for a .com from godaddy. Thanks for your help.

shergold

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got my [email protected] ages ago and forgot details. I just thought getting my own would be a bit better and you get 100 @yourdomain.com free with goddady domain reg. I think i will just get that.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have my domain name + google apps for email e.g. em @ king.net.

You can register your domain name with NeedName.com, and request to configure the Google Apps email for free. Check it out.
Regards,
Em @ king.net

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get both. I would purchase your name and create a gmail as well. Use your personal one only for business matter and use the gmail for signing up or registering for stuff that may send you spam. Then set them both up via gmail as emil suggested. You can then choose to use either as needed without the hassle of signing into an email client or hosting client.

Billnot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of my first commercial ventures in the Internet / Domain business was to offer e-mail addresses for members at costablancaexpats.net and cftb.net, and for others at billnot.com. I charged 2000 pesetas (about $10) per year when others were asking $50 per year. Now, of course, with free e-mail addresses taken for granted, it's no longer viable, and I stopped charging years ago, but I still have about 300 active e-mail addresses at my three main domains.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with the others. I just set one up for my dad the other day on his FIRSTnameLASTname.com w/ Google apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom