Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do Not Allow Members To Delete Their Posts In Sales Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Must have been overlooked with the upgrade.

I

impactadmin

As a regular member,you can only edit your posts,but won't be able to delete your posts at any forum.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeff:
If you mean you don't want members to edit their sales threads, that is something worth looking into. I have mentioned this in the past. It would be good to keep the original sale terms intact, but some members may get upset that they can't go back and type sold next to names, etc... thoughts?

Thanks~

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is an issue that has two sides.......

one may want to edit the post, to delete the price when sold......as a request from the buyer!

one may edit the post, for deceptive purposes!

something to consider!

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My thoughts... don't upset the apple cart by forcing things on the membership with one "Thanks" post in this thread by a non moderator. He was clearly speaking about the membership having the ability to delete there posts after the upgrade was completed. That has been fixed.

Let's make sure the auction properly functions this weekend. Thanks

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A LOT of established forums actually disallow editing AFTER a certain time-frame (say 15 minutes) to ensure the integrity of their threads.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
one may want to edit the post, to delete the price when sold......as a request from the buyer!

There is also the editing of prices after a special "sale", if a mistake is made or something like that. Buyers can always save a copy of the sales post if they feel it might be necessary or adviseable.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I personally make it a point to go back and edit my posts as Sale Over on multiple forums. If those forums don't allow editing I don't post the names for many reasons one of those being http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=50792

Another is I've had buyers dig up posts from "Old" sales to try and get the name cheaper than the current asking price. Just like in a department store people have sales to earn some quick cash and once the sale is over the sale tags are taken off of the product. I even had a instance where the buyer went to another forum where the post wasn't editable and dug up the old post and price.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A buyer can always copy the name and price and post sold with their own uneditable reply if they want. They can also print a copy of the offers if they feel it's necessary. I think it's good policy for the seller to "update" a sale thread to include "sold" or to completely delete the original post and mark it sale over. The new buyers may want some privacy and not be subject to someone monitoring their buying or selling methods. Also, in a long thread it seems best to make changes to offers or updates in both a new post and to the initial post so people don't have to wade thru all the replies to find out terms have changed. From what I've seen by the veterans here, they all pretty much follow the same format. Other forums have the ability to view a database record if there's any dispute and have opened up previously restricted editing for sales threads.
Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom