Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Do parked domains get indexed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess parked domains are pretty much empty excepct code from sedo or whoever that you use. Does google index it?

Domain Days 2024

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Goldkey and ActiveAudience have had some success keeping parked domains in search engines. With some other services the domains drop from search engines almost immediately when they get parked.

flybuzz said:
I guess parked domains are pretty much empty excepct code from sedo or whoever that you use. Does google index it?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found many of my domains well indexed in trafficz.com even after many years.

Pool and enom also seem to do very well getting their parked domains very near the top of the search engines.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's the situation in respect to how search engines treat forwarded domain names?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
How does TrafficZ do that successfully?

Personally I don't know how they do it, but they manage it, at least for previously registered domains.

For an example, I picked up otomobilim.net when it dropped in August 2003, three years ago, and it still/now shows up in position one in google.co.uk out of 90k pages.

I'm guessing that in the case of this domain, part of the answer for the "success" is that there are still plenty of sites linking to it.

trader said:
Which categories do well there?

I'm not too sure about that as I put very few domains elsewhere. I'm sure that some people do know though.

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
commandercody said:
Create and temporary webpage you can get some free templates at
http://www.openwebdesign.org/ or http://www.oswd.org/designs/browse/
Let it sit for 6 months until it builds some search results, then park the page. That's the only sure way I can say to get indexed.

Give the page a couple of good backlinks, then you are solidly listed after 4 to 6 weeks. Don't need to wait 6 months.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They do get indexed, but not very well.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After joining GoldKey and becoming familiar with their pages, I've often found them in Google results. One I have parked with GK is now at #5 on page 1 for the search on the sld.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about this - I hand reg'd pickledbeetroot.com a few months back. Seems someone owned it in 2001 - no site or anything.

Type pickled beetroot into google and up comes my Trafficz page at position 8 page 1. I know it aint the most popular topic but, hey, it's bringing traffic...

Jas

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jasdon11 said:
How about this - I hand reg'd pickledbeetroot.com a few months back. Seems someone owned it in 2001 - no site or anything.

Type pickled beetroot into google and up comes my Trafficz page at position 8 page 1. I know it aint the most popular topic but, hey, it's bringing traffic...

Jas
It works better with obsecure names like this where there isnt a lot of competition for the keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom