Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do Search Engines Delist Parked Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand how Search Engines react to parked pages when they discover that's what they are. I've got a few hundred names parked at Goldkey and a few hundred at Afternic. Goldkey is working much better since I can set the keywords for each name and I'm in the process of moving most of the remainder there.

I've read here and there that when a search engine discovers that a page is really just a parked page, they will likely delist it. Is that true? Or is it only true for pages that the owner is playing games with, ala link farms and the like?

Also, if a page is delisted, can you get it listed again if you develop the name? Automatic or does one need to contact the SE?

DNForum-News

Level 5
Reaction score
Hi,

From my understanding when you have a parked page it's only one page, and when search engines spider, they look for specific content on pages, so the more pages and quality keywords your site has, the more likely the page will be spidered and listed in the search engines.

Some parking programs also store searches that are made on your site as something called site maps and link them to your parked page, Google treats this as a “link farm” and that is not looked upon well with Google, and they will block your domain. You will then have to contact Google to unblock your domain, but it could take a long time.

If you develop your site again, with the content that the search engines look for it will automatically slowly get picked up by them again and listed in the search engines. You don't need to contact them. Here at Dnforum.com we do offer an SEO service that can help your site get listed in the search engines http://www.dnforum.com/service_seo.php
(Please check out above link)

No one really knows what search engines look for 100% when they spider websites, but here is some info I found that may help you and maybe others a bit.

Hope this helps:
Regards,
CS-Admin

30% Link Popularity - Links from other sites - Link and surrounding text analysis - Link IP Analysis

15% Site Seniority - Domain Name Age and Internet Archive Data Analysis

10% Title <TITLE>Keyword Phrase - The Keyword Use</TITLE>

10% URL & File - http://www.keyword.com - http://keyword.keyword.com -
http://www.keyword.com/keyword.html

8% Heading Text - <H1>Keyword Phrase</H1> - <H2>Secondary Keyword
Phrase</H2> varies with .css usage

8% Body Text - Actual page text containing your most important keyword.

7% Images - ALT text (hover over text) - File name

5% On-Page Link Analysis - Link URL and file names - Link title & text (if text link) - Link ALT text (if image link)

5% Website/Document Structure & Validation - CSS Validation

2% Meta Tags - Full Description Tag and first 2 words in Keywords Tag.

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At Goldkey, they promote their Domain Site Map as a good thing. It sounds like you are saying the opposite is true. Does that mean all GoldKey parked pages are at risk? Here is the text from their help screen on site maps:

If the sitemap feature is enabled for this domain, a sitemap with the letters of the alphabet will appear at the bottom of the pages. Sitemap pages are a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) technique where a layout of keyword-optimized HTML pages are provided for search engines. When these pages are indexed by search engines' robots, the result is a higher probability that this domain will show up on a Search Engine Results Page (SERP) and will therefore get more visitors. By design, visitors from SERPs will be visiting the keyword optimized page (not the root of the domain) and will therefore see listings related to the keyword they were searching. This increases the probability that they will see a listing that they are interested in and click on it.

The keywords that appear in the sitemap for a domain are automatically built from the keywords that visitors click on at the domain. There is nothing that you need to do since, over time, the list of keywords in the sitemap will automatically increase as people click on listings. This screen is provided so that you can either delete keywords that you do not like, or add keywords to jump start the process. SEO people typically use a tool like http://inventory.overture.com to find a good set of keywords for domains.

The maximum number of sitemap keywords allowed is 512 and the most keywords for any one letter is 64.

CS-Admin said:
Some parking programs also store searches that are made on your site as something called site maps and link them to your parked page, Google treats this as a “link farm” and that is not looked upon well with Google, and they will block your domain. You will then have to contact Google to unblock your domain, but it could take a long time.

DNForum-News

Level 5
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sorry I cannot comment on Gold Key but I just know it's not a good practice!

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone comment specifically on GoldKey's sitemaps, as now I'm worried about my premium names there.

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've found some of my domains that weren't in search engines get listed when I put up a parked page. Most of the ones that get listed happen to by on Google's Adsense for Domains :-D

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your point about Goldkey's sitemaps. I have a little experience. I spent quite a while on 1 domain parked at Goldkey to research and add additional pages via their sitemap option. This domain wasn't yet in the Google index. I'd only had it a few months and was producing some, but very little income. Googlebot wasn't visiting either. Well after a lot of work, I recommended the site to Google. After about a month later Googlebot visited and indexed only the front page. It never indexed all the other pages which were linked to from that front page. It was almost as if it recognised it as a parked page and then didn't bother to proceed with indexing the rest of the site. All that effort wasted. I don't think that Google delists a page solely because it's a parked domain, but I think it ists the front page only, rendering Goldkey's sitemaps useless, imho. If anyone has had good experience with them, I'd like to hear about it.

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stu. I wonder if that is because it's possible the pages are not "real" pages, but only created on-the-fly when a link one the page is clicked.

Also, since we are on the subject, do you think that there is any reason that a page parked at Goldkey would be more likely to be indexed higher up in a SE than a parked page at Sedo or Afternic, for example? I don't know why it would be, but I have heard this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom