Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Do single backorders on Pool still go to auction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A domain that I backordered has gone to Pool auction. There is only one bid, mine (for the minimum amount). Can I safely assume there are no other bidders? If so, what's the point of taking a domain to auction?

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As far as i know, if you go into an auction at pool...it means there is more than one bidder. Although that bidder many not bid...there is usually more than one. I have had this happen many times where i just receive the domain right away for $60 and there is no auction.

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe they want to give a chance to the other domainers that could not see the domain in the high volume drop list :D

If so, what's the point of taking a domain to auction?

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Single orders at Pool.com do not go to auction. They are awarded to the single person placing the order when the domain is caught.

If mutlitple orders are received, the domain goes to auction and the first person to place a backorder is automatically the first bidder at $60. If no-one else bids, then the domain is awarded to the person that placed the first backorder.

romeo111

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Single orders at Pool.com do not go to auction. They are awarded to the single person placing the order when the domain is caught.

If mutlitple orders are received, the domain goes to auction and the first person to place a backorder is automatically the first bidder at $60. If no-one else bids, then the domain is awarded to the person that placed the first backorder.
-> We can't know how many persons ordered the domain we backordered at Pool.
I think it's easy for Pool to design a COUNT BIDDER
But pool didn't create it -> Pool work not clearly !!! :?:
I think Pool always like auction, not like single backorder ?
At Namejet, we can see how many bidders backordered a domain.

-> It's great

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Romeo, good suggestion, we'll add it in to our dev list. You should know, however, that you can see the list of participants in an auction. If you go to your auctions list you'll see that the number of bids (in the case where you are the initial bidder at $60) will say "1" and it is clickable. If you click on that you'll see the bid history and a link that will show you the list of participants by bidder id.

Last edited:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Romeo, good suggestion, we'll add it in to our dev list.
If you add a list so everyone can see in advance what other people have already backordered I will stop backordering at Pool completely and will start backordering at Snapnames before deadline again. I will end up with Halvarez in all my backorders in there, true, but as he rarely bids I will still be better off than have 10 copycats in every of my backordersat Pool...

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Denny,

Auction participants are only revealed once the auciton starts. We do not reveal any information about backorders received prior to the drop.

romeo111

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you add a list so everyone can see in advance what other people have already backordered I will stop backordering at Pool completely and will start backordering at Snapnames before deadline again. I will end up with Halvarez in all my backorders in there, true, but as he rarely bids I will still be better off than have 10 copycats in every of my backordersat Pool...
-> If many persons backordered a domain -> this domain is valuable
and it is normal, you can see anywhere
As I said, if there is a counter bidders -> it's great
Customers always like clearly service ! :)

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
romeo111...

We don't release backorder information until the auction starts at which point backorders are closed. I realize it would be nice to know in advance the popularity of a domain but this would be revealing the hard research that many domainers conduct before an auction. It would allow people who don't analyze which domains they want to ride on the IP coat tails of others. That's why we don't publish any backorder information prior to an auction starting.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
romeo111...

We don't release backorder information until the auction starts at which point backorders are closed. I realize it would be nice to know in advance the popularity of a domain but this would be revealing the hard research that many domainers conduct before an auction. It would allow people who don't analyze which domains they want to ride on the IP coat tails of others. That's why we don't publish any backorder information prior to an auction starting.

This is a good policy. Having to be a sniper to get the name really gets old and in many cases just causes me to forget about it and wait to see if it actually drops for hand reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom