Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do you buy domains from non-domainers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

incka

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I noticed a member of a different forum (probably this one too) got two great .co.uk's through contacting two different companies which didn't have a clue to their real value and lowballing them - TVs.co.uk and PCs.co.uk.

I also read that another domainer did the same with bored.org and sold it at a significant profit

I was wondering how many of you regularly and successfully send unsolicited offers to buy domains to owners of them then resell them?

Also if you have any tips or advice on how to do so.

Sean.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's part of the business: buy low, sell high. As long as you don't mass-mail everyone hoping to catch a fish with 20 miles of nets.

Brady

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have gotten a few great bargains this year by emailing unsolicited offers to non-domainers. I have the best luck when the DomainTools Whois shows that their name and email is associated with less than 100-domains. Also, I always do a bit of due diligence, and if the name is owned by a domainer, I don't waste their time by contacting, I am only interested in reaching out to pure non-techy owners.

Tips?

- Be forthright with your offer, don't pull the, 'how much do you want for it game' and waste time negotiating.

- I almost always offer $200 and get it for between $200 and $500.

- Leave out the technical jargon (404 page, parked, undeveloped, registrar, transfer, etc) and just say you saw that they aren't using it and have a great idea for a website that you would like to create.

- Mention you are ready to complete the transaction immediately via Escrow.com, a company that non-domainers have heard of.

I have never done this with names as good as PCs.co.uk, but have grabbed a few $x,xxx to $xx,xxx names for a couple hundred bucks :)

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've buyed several domains from sellers "non-domainers".
When I'm interested in a domain I start to contact via mail the owner.

I've find some bargains from non-domainers.
Sometimes they sell for less than some domainers here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom