Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do You Ever Re-buy Domains You Sold And Were Dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while, I go through some of the domains I sold for XXX or more just to see what they are doing with those names. I always see a couple that, even though they paid mid XXX or more, they still end up dropping the name.

Just curious if anyone else runs across that scenario and whether they register them again?

I guess my thought is that if it was a good investment once, why not a second time?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes. A couple of times. One purchased for 1600, sold for 5k, was viable site, site went out of business, dropped and repurchased at 2200 sold again for just shy of 7k. This was about 4-6 years ago and is rare

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes. A couple of times. One purchased for 1600, sold for 5k, was viable site, site went out of business, dropped and repurchased at 2200 sold again for just shy of 7k. This was about 4-6 years ago and is rare

Wow, amazing deals - even more surprising that you didn't have them for regfees (meaning that in theory the original seller to you should - would have kept them on a radar or watchlist....)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, amazing deals - even more surprising that you didn't have them for regfees (meaning that in theory the original seller to you should - would have kept them on a radar or watchlist....)
Purchased on TDNAM, sold, dropped, and repurchased on TDNAM. About 1.5 years in-between purchases. It was an L-L.com which at the time was flying quite low under the radar. Great combo of letters.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adam has suggested in the past back ordering all of your sold domain names to scoop them up when they do. I think he told a story of selling the same name at least twice and perhaps three times by doing that.

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I once owned a .co.uk with a geographic name that just happened to also be a NY CD brand. The .com owners tried leaning on me and really pissed me off, so I held on to it for five years, finally allowed it to drop. No one picked it up so, after a year I re-registered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom