Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Do you ever take .ru offers seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First off, I mean no disrespect to legit, honest Russians.

But, the fact of the matter is that a majority of fraud currently stems from Russia and China. So, my question is:

If you get an offer --let's say from [email protected]-- do you give it serious consideration?

I tend to assume they want to steal my domain and after the domain is transferred, the funds won't appear or will disappear.

One of our domains that we value in the low-mid $xx,xxx just received a $75,000 offer; but I emailed them back stating that we are not interested unless they want to send $$ first and then receive the domain (not likely to happen... haha).

Any thoughts??

Cheers,

Wesley

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I should stress that you should go through a LEGIT escrow service, since the Russian and Eastern European offers often throw together a fake escrow site of their own if you ask for escrow and insist that it's their (fake) escrow service or nothing.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the input. I always use an escrow service for any payment over $500 even. My problem is that you can fund the escrow (even escrow.com) with illegal monies.

You can use a stolen credit card or stolen money wired that will later be reclaimed -just after the domain is transferred, of course.

This risk, I feel, is present with anyone anywhere; but it seems the Chinese and Russians are more willing to dismiss any sense of morals or dignity and rip off anyone and everyone they can.

-Wesley

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
This risk, I feel, is present with anyone anywhere; but it seems the Chinese and Russians are more willing to dismiss any sense of morals or dignity and rip off anyone and everyone they can.

-Wesley

Probably an unfair generalisation - however with the onset of so many "scams" originating from these areas, many people have decided not to engage in business when it is clear that they originate from these locations. It is not unusual to see a caveat saying something like "Sale not open to persons from ......"

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
... but it seems the Chinese and Russians are more willing to dismiss any sense of morals or dignity and rip off anyone and everyone they can.
Your latest remark contradicts in the EXTREME your disclaimer in the starting post. And any reasonable mind can tell you that this is not true. Mind you that you HAVE ALREADY crossed the line of making a racist remark.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Your latest remark contradicts in the EXTREME your disclaimer in the starting post.

Uhhhh.. how about "no"

NS, you are one of the few people on this board for which I have little respect. This is due to other offensive posts I've seen around.

And any reasonable mind can tell you that this is not true.

I assure you I am of sound mind. And, it is true. You must not be using the same Internet that I am --it's pretty obvious from where a majority of the theft stems.

Mind you that you HAVE ALREADY crossed the line of making a racist remark.

Saying that the Chinese and Russians tend to be the source of a majority of the crime online is not racist, and I take offense to your insinuation. If I had said "ch*nk" or "katsap", then maybe I would have been racist.

However, I am about the most non-racist person around. I just state it like it is. If you can't handle that, then get off my thread.

**I believe this is the even more offensive than your previous offensive post to me... where do you get off coming at me like that??**

-Wesley

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thread closed due to offensive racist remarks and extremely rude bahaviour (whether to a mod or not). Further action pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom